HSE guidance on benchmarking
- Sharing & comparing. Bibbings, Roger // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;May2012, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p63
The article discusses comparing health and safety performance and sharing best practice as key to establishing a professional approach to industrial operations. It states that health and safety appears to be an area in business where most progressive companies are more relaxed over sharing...
- NIOSH supplements 1991 report on lung diseases. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p142
Announces that the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released the `1992 Supplement to the Work-Related Lung Disease (WoRLD) Surveillance Report.' Surveillance data for occupational respiratory diseases; Compilers;...
- Travail et santï¿½ dans le tiers monde: Bibliographie choisie. Boyd, Rosalind; Hekimoglu, Levent // Labour, Capital & Society;Nov1988, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p308
A list of articles related to the studies on labour and health in the Third World that were published in several journals is presented including "Occupational Medicine in the People's Republic of China," by ABRAMS, Herbert K., and "Investigation of the Relationship between Accidents, Alienation,...
- Wellness made famous. // Ardell Wellness Report;Fall90, Issue 23, p2
Comments on the article entitled `Johnson & Johnson's `Wellness' Program for Workers Shows Healthy Bottom Line,' by Neal Templin about worksite wellness on the May 21, 1990 edition of the `Wall Street Journal.' Emphasis on wellness benefits; Flaws in the article.
- Training videos. // Occupational Hazards;Aug93, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p76
Announces the availability of free copies of the catalog `Summit Training Source'. Highlight on safety training video programs; Topics included.
- Legal Publication Services. // Pit & Quarry;Apr2003, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p52
Presents published materials that provide information about safety and health issues in the workplace. 'Mine Safety and Health News'; 'The Legal Quarterly Digest'; 'Legal Publication Services.'
- Publications & Resources. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, Special section p4
A bibliography on the subject of industrial safety is presented which includes articles "Managing an ageing workforce : how employers are adapting to an older labour market," "Circulatory disease risk (RCE-16," and "Reports of pandemic H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine uptake among frontline healthcare...
- ISEA Revising Emergency Eyewash/Shower, Head Protection & First-Aid Kit Standards. // Professional Safety;Feb2007, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p50
The article reports on the revision of Emergency Eyewash and Shower Equipment, Industrial Head Protection and Minimum Requirements for Workplace First-Aid Kit standards by the International Safety Equipment Association in the U.S. As stated, Emergency Eyewash and Shower Equipment standard is...
- Building a Better Safety Vehicle. Simon, Steven I.; Frazee, Patrick R. // Professional Safety;Jan2005, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p36
Discusses how automobile company General Motors Corp. accomplished a leadership-driven safety culture change in the United States. Benchmarking initiatives; Creation of a corporate safety and health policy; Safety leadership training course of the company.