Guy Stern -- Schriften / Bibliography
- 'NEGLECTING THE WEIGHT OF THE ELEPHANT ...': GERMAN PROSE FICTION AND EUROPEAN REALISM. Swales, Martin // Modern Language Review;Oct1988, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p882
This article discusses the characteristics of German literature in the age of European realism. There is a widespread view of German culture generally which says that it is, in all kinds of ways, intelligent, thoughtful, and sophisticated, but that it is curiously bereft of any sustained...
- World literature in review: German. Falk, Thomas H. // World Literature Today;Winter95, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p129
Reviews the book `GroBe Prosa,' by Herbert Rosendorfer, edited by Hans A. Neunzig.
- HANS-ULRICH TREICHEL'S DER VERLORENE AND THE PROBLEM OF GERMAN WARTIME SUFFERING. Taberner, Stuart // Modern Language Review;Jan2002, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p123
Focuses on the representation of German wartime suffering in the prose 'Der Verlorene,' by Hans-Ulrich Treichel. Account of the post-war consequences of a family's loss of a child during the flight in 1945 from advancing Soviet forces; Impression on self-negating introversion; Implication of...
- Notes and Bibliographies. // Memory & Writing from Wordsworth to Lawrence;1983, p491
The sources cited within the book are presented including "Essays and Introductions," by W. B. Yeats, "Prose Works," by William Wordsworth, and "William Wordsworth: A Biography," by Mary Moorman.
- A SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Syntactic Structure in Rimbaud's Illuminations: A Stylistic Appr;1990, Issue 49, p171
The sources cited within the book "A Syntactic Structure in Rimbaud's Illuminations: A Stylistic Approach to the Analysis of Form in Prose Poetry" are presented including "The Theory of Poetry," by Lascelles Abercrombie, "The Contexts of Poetry," by Hazard Adams, and "The Style of Nerval's...
- GERMANIC LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p304
A list of reference sources related to Germanic literatures is presented including "Missing the Breast: Gender, Fantasy, and the Body in the German Enlightenment," by Simon Richter, "Dilettantism and Its Values: From Weimar Classicism to the Fin de Siele," by Richard Hibbitt, and "W. G. Sebald:...
- GERMANIC LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p266
A list of articles related to Germanic literature that were published in several journals is presented including "The erotics of war in German romanticism," by Patricia Anne Simpson and "Reflections on literature and culture," by Hannah Arendt and edited by Susannah Young-ah Gottlieb.
- Book Received. // Monatshefte;Summer2010, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p272
A bibliography on the subject of German literature and culture is presented which includes the book "Reason's Children: Childhood in Early Modern Philosophy," by Anthony Krupp, "International Faust Studies: Adaptation, Reception, Translation," edited by Lorna Fitzsimmons, and "Lucky Hans and...
- GERMANIC LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p268
A list of books and articles related to German literature is presented including "Gypsies and Orientalism in German literature and anthropology of the long nineteenth century," by Nicholas Saul, "Schaltstelle; neue deutsche Lyrik im Dialog," edited by Karen Leeder, and "Humor, satire, and...