- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Sociological Origins;Spring2006 Supplement, Vol. 4, p251
A list of books and articles related to literature and sociology is presented, including "Culture and Anarchy," by Matthew Arnold, "Tennyson: His Art and Relation to Modern Life," by Stopford A. Brooke, and "Miscellaneous Essays," by Thomas Carlyle.
- JOURNALS RECEIVED. // Translation & Literature;Autumn2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p288
Two journals relating to translating and translations in literature are listed: "Palimpsestes, No. 17: Traduire la Figure de Style," and "TTR: Etudes Sur le Texte et Ses Transformations. Vol. 17, No. 1: Traductions et Representations: Parcours Dans L'espace Hispanique / Translations &...
- LANGUAGE, LITERATURE. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p209
Lists books on language and literature which appeared in the February 2004 issue of "Reference and Research Book News." "How to Express Yourself With A Casual Connective; Subjectivity and Causal Connectives in Dutch, German and French," by Mirna Pit; "Voyage Into Language; Space and the...
- BOOKSHELF. // Skipping Stones;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p33
Lists several books related to the interest of the society and children. 'Grandma Lois Remembers: An African American Family Story,' by An Morris and illustrated by Peter Linenthal; 'Generation Fix: Young Ideas for a Better World,' by Elizabeth Rusch; 'Raising Yoder's Barn,' Jane Yolen; 'My Land...
- Risking conceptual maps: Mapping as a keywords-related tool underlying the online Translation Studies Bibliography. van Doorslaer, Luc // Target: International Journal on Translation Studies;2007, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p217
The Holmes/Toury map is a monument in Translation Studies. It is often referred to but only very few attempts have been made to complement it, let alone to draw completely new maps of the discipline, especially after the simplicity of relationships suggested by maps was severely denounced by...
- BOOKS, PERIODICALS, AND MANUSCRIPTS CITED. // Jamaica Talk: Three Hundred Years of the English Language in Jam;2007, p407
The sources cited within the book are presented including "Dictionary of the Hausa Language," by Major B. C. Abraham, "A Descriptive Account of the Island of Jamaica," by William Beckford, Jr., and "Jamaica Folk Songs," by Granville Campbell.
- PUBLICATIONS RECEIVED. // Linguistica Uralica;2007, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p79
A list of articles related to languages that were published in several journals is presented including "Stress and Quantity in Erzya," by N. Aasmae, "Homonymy in the Uralic Two-Argument Agreement Paradigms," by T. Trosterud and "Regards sur les langues ouraliennes," by J. Perrot.
- PUBLICACIONS REBUDES. // Sintagma: Revista de Linguistica;2009, Vol. 21, p121
A bibliography on the subject of language is presented which includes the articles "Applied Language Learning," 19, "Edad de Oro" and "Revista de Filologia," 27.
- General Biography. // Other Voices: Essays on Italian Regional Culture & Language;1990, p2
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "La Langue, la literature e les ecrivains italiens," by P. Alfanger, "Standard Italian," by G. R. Cardona, and "Introdouzione allo studio della lingua italiana," by Z. Muljacic.