- Chapter IV: The Motif Of Abandoned Children. Huang, Lucia // American Young Adult Novels & Their European Fairy-Tale Motifs;1999, p55
Chapter IV of the book "American Young Adult Novels and Their European Fairy-Tale Motifs" is presented. It discusses the motif of abandoned children in fairy tale stories. Almost every fairy tale family has problems. The family problems portrayed in the fairy tale are not merely based on the...
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Thematic Analysis of Mme. D'Aulnoy's Contes de Fï¿½es;1978, p159
A bibliography on the subject of fairy tales is presented which includes the book "La Mythologie et la thï¿½ologie des contes d'enfants," by Martin F. Arzelier, "Curious Myths of the Middle Ages," by Sabine Baring-Gould and "Les Deux Riquet ï¿½ la Houppe," by Catherine Bernard and Charles...
- Ten terrific fairy tales told with a twist! Andrews, Janet, // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p30
Lists several fairy tales with presented with a twist. Includes `The Frog Prince Continued,' by Jon Scieszka; `Jim and the Beanstalk,' by Raymond Briggs; `The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by A. Wolf,' by Jon Scieszka.
- Check it out. // New Moon;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p24
Presents fairy tales and fantasy books for little girls. `The BFG,' by Roald Dahl; `Cinder Edna,' by Ellen Jackson; `Tam Lin,' by Jane Yolen.
- ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Communication;Oct74 Special Edition, Vol. 3, p54
Presents several annotated bibliographies for fables, fairy tales, folklore, legends, fantasies, and children's stories for storytelling. 'How Cats Came to Purr: The Pigtail of Ah Ben Loo,' by John Bennett; 'How Dame Margery Twist Saw More Than Was Good For Her: Pepper and Salt,' by Howard...
- Periodical Notes. // Education;Jun1906, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p636
A list of articles related to education that were published in several journals is presented. The articles include "A Social Clearing-House," by Mary R. Cranston, "The World's Children at Play," by Laura B. Starr, "Gradual Fairy Tales," by Alice Brown and "Camping With President Roosevelt," by...
- Books for adolescents. Lesesne, Teri S.; Beers, G. Kylene // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p318
Reviews the book `The Moves Make the Man,' by Bruce Brooks.
- BIBLIOGRAFIJA PREVODOV PRAVLJIC BRATOV GRIMM V SLOVENSKEM JEZIKU. Bešter, Tomaž // Knjiznica;2013, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p17
The closing moments of the brothers Grimm year to celebrate the 200th anniversary of publishing the 1st volume of Kinder- und HausmÃ¤rchen represent a perfect opportunity to honor the memory of the authors by publishing a bibliography of Slovenian translations of their fairy tales. The article...
- Chapter V: The Magic Motif. Huang, Lucia // American Young Adult Novels & Their European Fairy-Tale Motifs;1999, p83
Chapter V of the book "American Young Adult Novels and Their European Fairy-Tale Motifs" is presented. It discusses the motif of magic in fairy tale stories. Magic is one characteristic that distinguishes the fairy tale from other literary genres. There are magic figures present in fairy tales....