ZIMBABWEAN LITERATURE IN ENGLISH, 1966-85: A BIBLIOGRAPHY
- SHORT FICTION FROM ZIMBABWE. Riemenschneider, Dieter // Research in African Literatures;Fall1989, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p401
This article focuses on short stories in Zimbabwean literature. The political situation in Rhodesia until the end of the 1970s was not conducive to the development of literature in English written by Africans. R. Zhuwarara's and M. Zimunya's comprehensive bibliography of "Zimbabwean Literature...
- Bibliography. // Caribbean Novel in English: An Introduction;2001, p185
The sources cited within the book "Caribbean Novel in English: An Introduction" are presented including "The Orchid House," by Phyllis Shand Allfrey, "Oroonoko," by Aphra Behn, and "Drums at Dusk," by Arna Bontemps.
- Bibliography. // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1990, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p164
Presents a bibliography of poems, novels, histories, and essays featured in the periodical "Monthly Review."
- SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY. Clark, David Draper // World Literature Today;Autumn2000, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p708
Lists poetry, novels, story collections, novellas and theater written by David Malouf.
- ADDITIONS AND CORRECTIONS TO THE BIBLIOGRAPHY OF JOHN LYDGATE. Edwards, A. S. G. // Notes & Queries;Dec1985, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p450
The article focuses on the bibliography of English poet John Ludgate. The publication of the revised article on John Lydgate in the new edition of the journal "Manual of the Writings in Middle English" provides a valuable secondary bibliography of work on Lydgate and of Lydgate's writings. Some...
- CREATIVE WRITING IN MALAWI: A BIBLIOGRAPHY. Chimombo, Steve // Research in African Literatures;Fall1987, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p336
This article presents a bibliography of creative writing in Malawi. Some of the novels in English can be listed as follows: "Sekani's Solution," by Tito Banda, "Sulizo Achieves Greatness," by J.W. Gwengwe, "No Easy Task," by Aubrey Kachingwe." Some short stories in English can be listed as...
- ENGLISH-LANGUAGE LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p288
A list of reference sources related to English-language literatures is presented including "Reading Middle English Literature: An Introduction," by Thorlac Turville-Petre, "A Concise Companion to English Renaissance Literature," edited by Donna B. Hamilton, and "Borderlines: The Shiftings of...
- ENGLISH-LANGUAGE LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p253
A list of articles related to English language literatures that were published in several journals is presented including "Social criticism in England, 1625-1725," by Paul Trolander and Zeynep Tenger and "Death and violence in old and middle English literature," by John William Sutton.
- ENGLISH-LANGUAGE LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p254
A list of books and articles related to English-language literature is presented including "The function of the living dead in medieval Norse and Celtic literature; death and desire," by Gregg A. Smith, "Loving against the odds; women's writing in English in a European context," edited by...