ZIMBABWEAN LITERATURE IN ENGLISH, 1966-85: A BIBLIOGRAPHY
- SHORT FICTION FROM ZIMBABWE. Riemenschneider, Dieter // Research in African Literatures;Fall1989, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p401
This article focuses on short stories in Zimbabwean literature. The political situation in Rhodesia until the end of the 1970s was not conducive to the development of literature in English written by Africans. R. Zhuwarara's and M. Zimunya's comprehensive bibliography of "Zimbabwean Literature...
- BOOKS RECEIVED. // English Language Notes;Dec70, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p156
The sources cited within this issue are presented including "Collected Poems," by Conrad Aiken, "Selected Critical Writings," by Richard Aldington, and "God and Bible," by Matthew Arnold.
- References. // Empire of Words;1994, p239
A bibliography on the subject of English language is presented which includes the book "The Study of Language in England, 1760-1860," 2d ed., by Hans Aarsleff, the article "An Image of Africa," by Chinua Achebe, and the book "How to Do Things with Words," by John Austin.
- ENGLISH-LANGUAGE LITERATURES. // Reference & Research Book News;Feb2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p288
A list of reference sources related to English-language literatures is presented including "Reading Middle English Literature: An Introduction," by Thorlac Turville-Petre, "A Concise Companion to English Renaissance Literature," edited by Donna B. Hamilton, and "Borderlines: The Shiftings of...
- Books Reviewed. Klein, Stacy S.; Swan, Mary // Year's Work in English Studies;2004, Vol. 83, p99
Presents a bibliography of works about the English language.
- SELF-HELP for WRITERS! Eftekhar, Judy // Writing;Apr/May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
Focuses on aspects of self-help writing books in lives of an individual. Purpose of the self-help books; Things that can be learnt about writing from writers of self-help books; List of the books based on self-help.
- Reviews. Hardman, Phillipa // Review of English Studies;Feb92, Vol. 43 Issue 169, p93
Reviews the books `The English of Chaucer and his Contemporaries: Essays,' by M.L. Samuels and J.J. Smith, edited by J.J. Smith, also, `The Language of Chaucer,' by David Burnley.
- CREATIVE WRITING IN MALAWI: A BIBLIOGRAPHY. Chimombo, Steve // Research in African Literatures;Fall1987, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p336
This article presents a bibliography of creative writing in Malawi. Some of the novels in English can be listed as follows: "Sekani's Solution," by Tito Banda, "Sulizo Achieves Greatness," by J.W. Gwengwe, "No Easy Task," by Aubrey Kachingwe." Some short stories in English can be listed as...
- Bibliography. // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1990, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p164
Presents a bibliography of poems, novels, histories, and essays featured in the periodical "Monthly Review."