Author self-citation in the diabetes literature
- CORRECTIONS. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/16/2003, Vol. 290 Issue 3, p334
Mentions publishing errors or omissions and presents the corrections. The incomplete acknowledgement of a funding source in 'Use of the Internet and E-mail for Health Care Information: Results From a National Survey,' published in the May 14, 2003 issue of "JAMA"; The incorrect wording and data...
- Author self-citation in medical literature. Kovašic, Nataša; Mišak, Aleksandra // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/22/2004, Vol. 170 Issue 13, p1929
Presents information on a study that investigated the author self-citation in medical literature. Focus of the study on diabetes mellitus as representative of the general clinical medical literature; Discussion on the inverse correlation between the proportion of author self-citations and...
- FOOTNOTES:. Jesse, F. Tennyson // Beggars on Horseback;1/1/1915, p12
The article presents information on footnotes or references for various articles published in the publication.
- References. // MNB Occasional Papers;2012, Issue 95, p77
References for the articles published in a 2012 issue of "MNB Occasional Papers" are presented.
- References. // EAS Publications Series;2011, Vol. 54, p337
References for the articles published in the publication "Oxygen in the Universe," is presented.
- REFERENCES. // Consumer Behavior;2006, p149
References for the articles published in the book "Consumer Behavior 2006" are presented.
- Major inaccuracies in articles citing occupational or environmental medicine papers and their implications. Gehanno, Jean-Frangois; Darmoni, Stefan J.; Gaillard, Jean-Frangois // Journal of the Medical Library Association;Jan2005, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p118
The aim of this study is to assess the accuracy of references specifically citing manuscripts concerning occupational and environmental medicine, as well as to evaluate the pattern of the errors in citing papers and the implications of these errors in terms of article citation rate. The cited...
- How accurate are quotations and references in medical journal? de Lacey, Gerald; Record, Carol; Wade, Jenny // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/28/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6499, p884
Assesses the accuracy of quotations and references in medical journals in Great Britain. Occurrence of errors in citation of references; Prevention of immediate identification of the source of the reference; Effect of inaccurate quotations and citations on the original author and the reader.
- Omega yes, alpha no. von Lichtenberg, Franz // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;11/9/94, Vol. 272 Issue 18, p1412
Criticizes the omission of relevant references in some medical publications. Need for comprehensive literature search; Inadequacy of computers in identifying vintage medical literature.