- Confessions of a Candidate. Thompson, Duane // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
This section presents a personal essay on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination being administered in the U.S. as of March 2005. Specifically, the author talks about his experience preparing for the examination and describes what his feelings like on the very day he...
- CFP Board Shift: Shorter, Computer-Based Exams This Fall. Coen, Andrew // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board to shorten its CFP protection exam and transition to a computer-based testing platform, a change that is effective starting November 2014.
- 66% Pass Rate for CFP's First Computer-Based Exam. Din, Suleman // Financial-planning.com;12/16/2014, p9
The article offers information on the first computer-based exam of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board which attracted over 2,100 applicants. Topics discussed include the benefits provided by the computer-based exam, the biggest improvement as a result of the format change, and the...
- ICFP Organizes Series 65 Waiver Campaign. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p73
This article reports on the efforts of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners Government Relations Department to distribute information kits to societies in preparation for a new competency exam that will be adopted in 1999 by many state securities regulators in the U.S. The new Series 65...
- Continuing Education Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p101
This article presents an examination paper about financial planning that an aspiring financial planner can attempt. To receive the 3 hours of continuing education credit allotted for this examination, one must receive a passing grade of 75 percent or better (23 our of 33 questions). Partial...
- CFP Board Celebrates 30th Anniversary. Rojeck, Rich // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the development of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification program by CFP Board in pursuit of competent personal financial planning. As a designation for personal financial advice providers, the certification allows financial planning to achieve broad industry and...
- Directed by Necessity. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
Introduces an article about continuing education examinations for financial planners in the U.S.
- CE Exam. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2012, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p66
A continuing education (CE) Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam is presented on financial retirement planning.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p74
This article presents an examination that will help financial planners earned continuing education credit in the U.S. in 2005.