Gold at Your Client's Doorstep: Federal Tax Incentives for Historic Properties
- Port in a storm. Hoy, Anthony // Bulletin with Newsweek;08/31/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6189, p36
Reveals Australia's failure to conserve heritage and historical sites focusing on Sydney Harbour's Walsh Bay finger wharves in New South Wales. Importance of the wharves; Lease of the site to Mirvac and transfield; Demolition of some wharves; Other historical sites.
- Priceless heritage at risk from extremists. Sharpe, Emily // Art Newspaper;Jun2012, Issue 236, p34
The article discusses concerns for the conservation of cultural heritage sites in Mali following an Islamic fundamentalist group's desecration of a 15th-century Muslim tomb in Timbuktu and threats to destroy manuscripts and sites that the group considers to be idolatrous to Islam.
- Mistakes for preservation of historic blocks--Reflection on old-town renovation of Beiliang district in Baotou. SUN Liping // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 587-589, p136
According to the discussion of the problems and the analysis of the present situation of the old-town renovation of Beiliang district in Baotou, some mistakes for preservation of historic blocks are to be indicated, which should be concerned by people of all walks of life.
- Creation of new public spaces to stimulate the development of the central districts in St. Petersburg. Yaveyn, N. I.; Yaveyn, O. I.; Grigorev, I. E.; Likhacheva, L. N. // Vestnik Volgogradskogo Gosudarstvennogo Arhitekturno-Stroitelnog;2013 Part 1, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p212
This article is aimed at finding methods of reconstruction of historic quarters in the centre of St.. Petersburg taking into account the requirements for cultural heritage protection.
- Parks Canada. // Diver Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p43
The article focuses on Parks Canada, a government agency in Canada which mandated to protect the country's natural and cultural heritage including national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas.
- World heritage sites mapped by laser. // Position Magazine;Oct/Nov2010, Issue 49, p11
The article offers information on the laser mapping technique used by the nonprofit entity CyArk to digitally preserve cultural heritage sites including Mount Rushmore, an ancient Egyptian temple at Thebes, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- The butcher, the baker, the history-maker. Numaguchi, Annabelle // Heritage New Zealand;Summer2011, Issue 123, p12
The article profiles David Clarke, historian and Lake District Museum director, who is leading the way to preserve heritage in Otago, New Zealand. It says that in an effort to restore Otago's heritage such as buildings and miner's cottages, Clarke initiate policies and projects such as Speaking...
- COMMUNITY HERITAGE WORK IN AFRICA: VILLAGEBASED PRESERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT. Schmidt, Peter R. // Conservation Science in Cultural Heritage / Quaderni di Scienza ;2014 Special Issue, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p133
This paper examines alternatives to top-down approaches to heritage management and development. One of the key issues facing communities around the globe today is the Authorized Heritage Discourse (AHD)--the determination of heritage values by "experts" and government officials on behalf of the...
- The Prime of Los Angeles. Daly, Les // Atlantic;May1994, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p58
The article focuses on the preservation of historic Los Angeles, California. The Los Angeles Conservancy is an organization which discovers and preserves "historic" Los Angeles. The goal of the conservation is preserving private homes and neighborhoods with distinct architecture. The author...