Merging Asset Allocation and Longevity Insurance: An Optimal Perspective on Payout Annuities
- Asset Allocation for Retirement: Simple Heuristics and Target-Date Funds. Dolvin, Steven D.; Templeton, William K.; Riebe, William J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p60
â€¢ We examine common asset allocation strategies for retirement investing, considering both static and dynamic approaches, as well as those allocation policies used by leading target-date fund providers. â€¢ We studied the average performance of each strategy over historical rolling...
- Not Enough. Cantore, Tara // Plan Sponsor;Jun2012, p9
The article reports on the possible decline in the retirement income of U.S. households in 2013. It mentions that their income may be decreased by 28 per cent for the year. According to the author, investors should adjust their asset allocation and increase savings to address the predicted...
- Managing Gold Mines. // Advisor Today;Dec2001, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p96
Offers a strategy for asset allocation in a client's retirement plan. Development of pre-retirement and post-retirement strategies; Importance of longevity to retirement fund asset allocation; Role of financial advisors in the process.
- Five steps that can improve monthly income in retirement. Gillespie, Lisa // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;4/18/2012, p4
The article offers steps to improve monthly income in retirement including asset allocation, increasing savings, and adjusting retirement date.
- AT LAST, A CRASHPROOF FUND? Light, Joe // Money;Jan2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses equity-index annuities (EIAs), examining whether such financial instruments are able to shield an investor from exposure to a volatile stock market. EIAs have complicated terms and steep costs, the article indicates. Other topics include the increased sales of EIAs during...
- Investment Commentary. Marosi, James // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p24
Presents information on the mistakes made by investors related to retirement savings. Relation of inflation and retirement savings; Lack of proper asset allocation; Underestimation of taxes.
- Investing with Purpose. Wenger, Julia Brufke // Advisor Today;May/Jun2015, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p17
The article offers tips for financial advisors on how to make investments with purpose. Suggestions discussed include avoiding making assumption that they understand about distribution and asset allocation; creating a strategy for younger clients to help them define target income for retirement;...
- Fidelity Adds Annuities to Lifecycle Fund Lineup. // Money Management Executive;3/21/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p4
The article informs that Fidelity Investments has launched the Variable Insurance Product (VIP) Freedom Funds, a series of seven lifecycle funds-of-funds that help investors choose an asset allocation strategy based on their stage in life and their expected retirement date. The move comes at a...
- Spoiled for choice. Singh, Bhanu // Money Management;7/4/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p20
The article focuses on asset allocation which is considered the most vital factor in establishing retirement fund and involves a series of decisions to be made. It mentions that Australian investors must think about their goal, consider their human capital, and extent of global diversification....