A Stages Model for Planning Retirement Income Distribution
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall …. Guyton, Jonathan // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p28
The article discusses the issue concerning retirement income planning in the U.S. According to research conducted by Sun Life Financial Inc., 52 percent of U.S. workers planned to delay their retirement. It notes the potential fluctuation in the initial withdrawal rate sustainable for 30 or 40...
- Navigating the Changing Landscape of Retirement Planning. Weatherford, Cathy // On Wall Street;Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, pA5
The article discusses the challenges faced by U.S. financial advisors of managing retirement risk for their clients. Factors that have shifted the bulk of responsibility for managing retirement risk are mentioned including the obsolescence of some retirement income sources, increasing health...
- Calculating the Costs of Healthcare in Retirement. // Financial Planning;Feb2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, pA1
The article discusses factors that should be considered by financial advisors and their clients when planning or calculating the costs of healthcare in retirement in the U.S. Likely healthcare expenses should be correctly incorporated when estimating retirement income needs. Financial...
- Staying Focused. // Financial Planning;Dec2012, Vol. 42 Issue 12, pA3
The article discusses the strategies being used by financial advisors in the U.S. to engage their clients in retirement savings. According to Penn Liberty Bank's vice president Louis Papa, the best approach is using charts that show the effects of inflation over time. Financial Planning...
- Explaining intrastate income inequality: A social demographic approach. List, John A. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Dec96, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p383
Presents a social demographic approach to explain income inequality within regions. Other approaches; Model and result of the social demographic approach.
- Tests for compliance with phased plans to equalize discriminate wages. Bergmann, Thomas J.; Martin, G.E. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Winter95, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p136
Presents tests for compliance with phased plans to equalize discriminate wages. Compliance testing at aggregate levels as well as for individuals; Difficulty in measuring compliance.
- CE EXAM. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p66
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) self-study continuing education (CE) test on quantitative and other considerations in retirement income planning is presented.
- As Workers Delay Retirement, Advisers Respond. Gevlin, Kathy // Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p22
Highlights the findings of a survey on retirement income planning conducted by Fidelity Investments. Ratio of U.S. workers who are delaying retirement out of financial need; Percentage of U.S. citizens who will be working more years than expected for financial reasons; Evidence suggesting a...
- America Fails RICPÂ® Retirement Literacy Quiz. Littell, David A. // Wealth Channel Magazine;Spring2015, p14
The article focuses on a survey conducted by financial planner Matt Greenwald & Associates for testing retirement income literacy. Topics discussed include findings of survey results which depicts lack of retirement income literacy, he need of taking proactive approach by financial advisors to...