Would You Like That Financial Plan Super-Sized, Ma'am?
- So Your Client Wants to Franchise Its Business? Barkoff, Rupert M.; Wells, Gerald C. // Business Law Today;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p17
The article offers advice from the authors to lawyers on helping their client in developing a franchise. The authors offers several suggestions to the lawyers including providing complete information on franchising to the client, collecting information on franchiser and the business model, and...
- Master Franchising in Canada. Rogers, John L.; Bennett, Christopher L. // Franchising World;Jul2004, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p52
Discusses several factors to consider in applying master franchising as a way to expand a franchise system in Canada. Sales territory; Trademarks and domain names; Standards.
- Counterpoint and Civil Discourse. APPLEBY, BETHANY L. // Franchise Law Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p190
Several reports published within the issue are presented including an article on the model franchise exemptions, importance of due diligence in Trademark Clearance and Investigation and preview of the 36th Annual Forum on Franchising.
- Franchise Relationships And Quality Control. Germann, Stewart // Franchising World;Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p39
Deals with the importance of quality control in franchise relations. Drive for quality as a profit producer, customer retainer and means of survival; Need of both franchisors and franchisees to have a policy on quality; Elements needed to enhance and understand the relationship between...
- Protecting, Promoting and Enhancing Franchising in All 50 States. Romaniello, Steve // Franchising World;Jun2013, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses the impact of the proposed Fair Franchising Act on the franchise business in the U.S. According to the author, the legislation and other bills like it will threaten the tenets of the franchise business model. The author explains that the proposed law does not allow the...
- Marzaono becomes Amex franchisee. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/02/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p34A
Reports the awarding of franchise license to accountant Frank Marzano enabling practice of American Express financial planning in Port Washington, New York. Plan of Geller, Marzano & Co. to set up office for the Amex Financial planning practice; Services offered by the accounting firm; Impact...
- A trademark abroad. Jones, Ian // World Trade;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p76
Discusses the intricacies of global franchising, particularly in the area of trademark piracy. Attempts for the creation of international trademark protection; Issuance of Community Trademarks (CTMs) by the European Union; Problems in trademarking.
- Have You Been Out of Law School for Four Years or Less? Read Further …. BUSSERT, CHRISTOPHER P. // Franchise Law Journal;Spring2012, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p186
An introduction is presented in which various reports in the issue are discussed on topics including the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit's decisions in a case related to Girl Scouts of Manitou Council Inc., franchisors and their trademarks, and franchisors expanding into Canada.
- A Trademark Strategy for Going Global. Brennan, Michael G. // Franchising World;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p42
Provides tips for franchisors in developing a strategy for registering trademarks abroad. Deciding which mark or marks to protect most importantly; Determining the countries in which to file for registrations; Conducting trademark registration searches before applying for registrations abroad;...