- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p74
This article presents an examination that will help financial planners earned continuing education credit in the U.S. in 2005.
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p73
This article presents a continuing education examination for certified financial planners in the U.S. as of June 2003.
- Enrollment Soars for Financial Exam. // American Banker;6/3/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 85, p16
The author reports that a record number of candidates have enrolled to take the chartered financial analyst examination as applicants compete for jobs in the recovering financial services industry.
- Factors Associated with Success on the CFPï¿½ Certification Examination. Grange, E. Vance; Hampton, Vickie L.; Cutler, Richard; Langdon, Thomas P.; Ryan, Michael T. // Financial Services Review;Summer2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p95
Presents a study that examined factors associated with success on the Certified Financial Planner Certification Examination in the U.S. as of April 24, 2003. Variables considered in a logistic regression analysis conducted; Analysis of the performance of examinees whose primary business...
- New advisers to face NASAA entrance exams. Longo, Tracey // Financial Planning;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p31
Reports on the North American Securities Administrators Association's plan to develop an entrance examination for financial advisers. Securities administrator Richard Cortese on the concern about advisers' knowledge of investments and financial planning; Plan for the state securities...
- Confessions of a Candidate. Thompson, Duane // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
This section presents a personal essay on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination being administered in the U.S. as of March 2005. Specifically, the author talks about his experience preparing for the examination and describes what his feelings like on the very day he...
- CFP Board Shift: Shorter, Computer-Based Exams This Fall. Coen, Andrew // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board to shorten its CFP protection exam and transition to a computer-based testing platform, a change that is effective starting November 2014.
- 66% Pass Rate for CFP's First Computer-Based Exam. Din, Suleman // Financial-planning.com;12/16/2014, p9
The article offers information on the first computer-based exam of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board which attracted over 2,100 applicants. Topics discussed include the benefits provided by the computer-based exam, the biggest improvement as a result of the format change, and the...
- Continuing Education Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p101
This article presents an examination paper about financial planning that an aspiring financial planner can attempt. To receive the 3 hours of continuing education credit allotted for this examination, one must receive a passing grade of 75 percent or better (23 our of 33 questions). Partial...