New voice for urban forestry
- AA/ISA merger talks vote. // Forestry & British Timber;Sep2003, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
Presents the question members of Arboricultural Association and International Society of Arboriculture (UK and Ireland Chapter) asked to vote on in a postal ballot. Possibility of a merger between a discussion group compromising representatives of both organizations; List of discussion group;...
- Tree-selection brochure. // American Nurseryman;3/15/95, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the publication of International Society of Arboriculture's brochure entitled, `Buying High-Quality Trees,' by Alex Shigo. Focus on tree selection; Pricing; Contact information.
- Is there an arborist in the house. // American Nurseryman;8/15/95, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the International Society of Arborists' development of a new certification program to help homeowners and other locate knowledgeable arborists.
- Plant Activist Update. // PlantAmnesty;Fall2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
The article offers information on several events involving plant activists in the U.S. The events include the journal's Seventh Annual Tree-Hugger Bingo, the International Conference of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), and an arborists lunch at the zoo. Another event is the...
- Post-Providence Pondering. Kmitta, John // Arbor Age;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
The author discusses the state of the arboriculture industry after participating in the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Conference and Trade Show held in Providence, Rhone Island. He reveals that people in the industry were hoping for a turn-around in their businesses. He believes...
- Arboricultural law... // Landscape Management;Aug93, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p52
Reports on the availability of a study guide for the textbook `Arboriculture and the Law,' from the International Society of Arboriculture. Use of case samples; Inclusion of an answer sheet; Continuing education units; Cost and ordering details.
- ISA celebrates 75th anniversary with fundraiser. // American Nurseryman;11/15/99, Vol. 190 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the launch of fund raising activities during the 75th anniversary celebration of the International Society of Arboriculture. Founding history; Growth of membership; Auction; Golf outing; Plans for proceeds of funds.
- Study reveals decrease in urban tree programs. // Landscape Management;Jan96, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p12
Looks at a study on the average municipal tree management budget in the United States by the International Society of Arboriculture's Research Trust. Decreased funding; Partnerships and citizen involvement; Notes of the study; Statistical information.
- Taking stock of tree losses. // American Nurseryman;7/15/95, Vol. 182 Issue 2, p25
Reports on landscape gardening advice from the International Society of Arboriculture in Savoy, Illinois. Photographs of landscaping for an up-to-date record on plant replacement; Compensation for damaged crops in summer storms.