Finding today's balance for `healthier' business
- MarketCapsule: VENDING PRICES MOVING UP. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Compares the prices of vending products between the year 1998 and 1999 in the United States. Price increase in beverages and snacks; Percentage of vending sales in non-commercial outlets; Total vending sales in colleges.
- In college vending: `Special contracts' shift operating, sales balance. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p212
Reports on the vending operations at college campuses in the United States. Impact of campuswide foodservice contract on vending operations; Advantage of being a self-operating foodservice; Effect of debit cards on the purchasing power of students.
- Computer Maps Campus Eating Trends: UCal/Irvine customizes vending to match customers. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p40
Reveals that the University of California at Irvine is revamping its food vending program by using demographic information to match offerings closely to customers. Details on the plan; Explanations from Alan Moloney, food service director at the university; Specifications being considered by...
- IN COLLEGES: Machines help deliver product to fit lifestyles. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p64
Looks at the condition of vended food service market in universities and colleges in the United States in 2000. Changes in the features of vending machines; Information on the vending machines being provided by Nescafe; Sales status of vended products.
- COLLEGES: Perception adds sales-building opportunities. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p42
Focuses on the vending business in college and university campuses in the United States in 2001. Perception of food from vending machines; Examples of some marketing strategies that helped increase vending sales; Payment methods accepted by machines.
- SCHOOLS: Vending milk opens door to extra venues. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p48
Reports on milk vending machine sales in schools in the United States in 2001. Types of milk that are sold; How milk is packaged; Preferences of students.
- Canteen Vends iPod. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that Canteen Vending Services (CVS) has installed a vending machine at Columbia University that sells batteries, office supplies, MetroCards, iTunes gift cards, and iPod Shuffle music players. CVS plans to install more of these machines at different points on the campus....
- Worth Every Penny. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;1/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the transformation of vending machines into dispensers of healthful products by some food service operators in response to the current economic climate. The 160-bed Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut focuses on wellness and vending was one of the places they really...
- CARD ACCESS IS KEY: Miami Univ. takes vending in-house, gains sales, control. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p38
Focuses on the use of card-based cashless payment system for the beverage vending services at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Details of the vending services within the university; Annual vending revenue at Miami University; Process of the cashless payment system for students at Miami...