Universal studios banks on signatures
- Theme Park Dreamer. Michaelides, Stephen // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep99, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p27
Features the Mythos, a foodservice outlet unveiled by Universal Studios at Islands of Adventure Theme Park in Orlando, Florida. Description of the place; Description of the menu presentation; Explanations from Steven Jayson, vice president and executive chef at Mythos.
- FOR F/S EMPLOYEES: Universal Studios/Orlando goes on natl. 'talent hunt'. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p6
Announces the need for foodservice employees at the Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida due to the addition of two parks. Unemployment rate in Orlando; Comments from chef Steven Jayson; Search for culinary professionals at the Culinary Institute of America and Florida Culinary Academy.
- ORLANDO SITE OPENS NEW PROPERTIES: Universal eyes 250% increase. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the renovation of the central kitchen of the Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Plans to add properties namely Islands of Adventure and CityWalk; Training and retraining programs conducted by executive chef Steven Jayson for existing staffers; Forecasts on the increase of total...
- Universal gears up to double its roster of culinary delights by '98. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;06/23/97, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p34
Reports on the Orlando, Florida-based Universal Studios' plan to expand its food service operations upon the completion of the resort's Islands of Adventure theme park by summer 1999. Details of the company's plan to expand its feeding volume; Features of the planned theme park.
- Universal to add 4,300 rooms. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/4/93, Vol. 208 Issue 17, p34
Announces the planned expansion of the Universal Studios in Florida. Additional features; Number of rooms; Theme of each hotel.
- Watch out, Mickey: Kong has arrived. Popkin, J. // U.S. News & World Report;6/25/90, Vol. 108 Issue 25, p60
Describes the new Universal Studios' theme park in Orlando, Florida, which opened June 7 just 12 miles from Disney World. Going all out to be more thrilling; Working sound stages for filming; New pricing at Disney; Comparisons of the two parks by age group; Restaurants, lodging, shuttle service,...
- Yes, Stallone was there, but the fault at Universal's rocky theme park debut was not in the stars. // People;6/25/90, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p48
Covers the opening of the Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, which drew several stars along with 10,000 visitors on opening day, despite several faulty rides and attractions.
- Monkeyshines. // People;Spring91, Vol. 35, Extra p110
Reports on the biweekly maintenance of Universal Studios' newest attraction, King Kong.
- Theme park expansion bets on Florida's future. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/27/93, Vol. 231 Issue 13, p16
Announces a plan by Universal Studios, Florida to implement a 10-year, multibillion dollar expansion in Orlando. Management's plan to remove misconceptions regarding the high crime rate in the area; Features of the expanded park; Target date of implementation.