- Tasting. Duffy, Gillian // New York;11/25/96, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p107
Praises Mount Olive hickory-smoked cold-pressed virgin olive oil. Where it is available in New York City.
- The oil business. Csatari, Jeffrey; George, Stephen C. // Men's Health (10544836);May94, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p16
Offers some tips on choosing and using olive oil. Storing the oil in a cool, dark place; Using the oil as a condiment; Using the oil in place of butter on bread; Others.
- European shops pitch for olive oil business. // Adweek Western Edition;6/19/95, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p14
Reports that the European Commission's Agricultural Directorate will hear pitches from Lintas Europe, Euro RSCG, BBDO and J. Walter Thompson for an account to promote olive oil from Europe.
- Olive oil. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;1/1/94, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p74
Discusses various aspects of olive oil. Popularity in the United States; Sources; Varieties; Storage requirements.
- The power of the press. Cantrell, John // Town & Country;Jan98, Vol. 152 Issue 5212, p32
Describes the olive oils being sold at Olive Press, a year-old mill in the Sonoma Valley hamlet of Glen Ellen, California. Ideal time to visit the place; Wide selection of fresh olive oils that are smooth and butter to bright and peppery; Contact information.
- Olive oil. Schmitz, Anthony // Health (Time Inc. Health);May/Jun95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p107
Focuses on the comeback of olive oil use in the United States. Olive oil as ingredient of a healthy diet; Mediterranean diet and olive oil; Health aspects of olive oil. INSET: Why extra virgin oil tastes best, by A.S..
- COLOR DECODING. // Popular Mechanics;Jan2013, Vol. 190 Issue 1, p77
The article presents information various scientific facts about color decoding including the sun, olive oil, and fluorescent light.
- Oil crisis. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p46
Reports on the increasing demand for olive oil since the 1980s. Predicted jump in demand in 1996 due to last year's drought in olive-producing countries.
- Like a virgin. // Essence (Essence);May98, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p158
Provides background on using olive oil in cooking. Extra virgin made from the cold pressing of olives without refining; Virgin as slightly higher in acidity and have limited availability in the United States; Light which is made of a higher ratio of refined oil.
- Virtuosity. Stewart, Kimberly Lord // Better Nutrition;Feb2003, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p46
Focuses on the production of olive oil by Antonio Marulli in Francolise, Italy. Methods used by Marulli for growing and producing olives; Difference in prices of olive oils; Factors that distinguish one high quality virgin olive oil with the other.