Fed releases reimburs. rates
- Several Strategies May Lower Plate Waste in School Feeding Programs. Guthrie, Joanne F.; Buzby, Jean C. // FoodReview;Summer2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p36
Describes several strategies to reduce plate waste in school feeding programs in the U.S. School nutrition programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture; Indications of excessive plate waste; Benefits of healthy eating. INSETS: USDA School Meal Programs Allow Flexibility in Meeting...;Do...
- U.S. Department of Agriculture is providing grants for farm-to-school programs. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/18/2012, p8
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to invest in farm-to-school programs nationwide to help eligible schools improve the health and well being of their students and connect with local agricultural producers.
- RULES STREAMLINE COMMODITIES. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the reduction of commodity recordkeeping and reporting requirements for U.S. public schools and other recipient of government-donated food commodities in November 2002. Objective of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in implementing the changes.
- School and University, Philadel- phia, Pennsylvania. Condensed Move Over, Ronald McDonald. Robison, Rita // Education Digest;Mar1978, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p36
The article presents information about Len Frederick, food service director at the Clark County School District Foodservice Department in Las Vegas, Nevada. When Frederick took over as food service director, he took a lesson from the competition, modeling his menu after Big Macs, Arby's, the...
- Untitled. // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on a study which indicated that 70% of schools are using existing water fountains to meet the requirements of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Not just for cold weather. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p96
Relates the idea of serving casseroles, stews and pots in schools. Type of casserole that is considered the favorite among students; How can commodities and recipes from the United States Department of Agriculture help in preparing casseroles; Information on the recipe of Traditional Macaroni &...
- FEDERAL REGULATORS OUTLINE THE PROBLEM: 'Competitive foods' harm school meal programs, nutr. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Outlines the report issued by the United States Department of Agriculture on federal funded school meals programs. Factors undermining the nutritional integrity of the programs; Risks and viability of competitive foods.
- Whole Grain Pasta on Hold--for Now. // USA Today Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 143 Issue 2833, p7
The article focuses on the decision of the U.S. department of Agriculture to allow certain school districts in the U.S. to serve traditional enriched pasta products after the complaints from the schools regarding the preparation of whole grain rich pasta products in large scale.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p70
Covers news on food commodities in the United States as of September 15, 2000. Information on the commodities purchased by the Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the school year; Update on the Organic Program proposed rule of the USDA; Findings of a study by the General Accounting Office on...
- USDA Grants Schools Leniency with Whole-grain Requirement for Pasta. // FoodService Director;6/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p8
The article offers information regarding the U.S. Department of Agriculture's policy concerning school foodservice departments offering whole-grain-rich pastas.