- Spa lite cuisine. McRobbie, Jason // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2006, Issue 286, p68
The article reports on the offer of de-stressing menus by Vida Wellness Spa, located within The Sutton Place Hotel in downtown Vancouver. Executive chef Kim Thai and Fleuri Restaurant Chef Raman Armand worked closely with the spa to create healthy food menus for the customers. The creation of a...
- Pomegranates. // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec97, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p60
Presents some tips on how pomegranates can add flavor to signature specialties on menu. Brief history of pomegranates; Seed removing method; Guidelines on how to release its juice. INSET: Pomegranate purchasing.
- The Regional Approach. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;8/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p38
The article focuses on the concept of regional cuisine at Classic Residence by Hyatt in Chicago, Illinois. Jon Benson, director of culinary operations, says that the menus are designed to reflect the season and the cuisine in a particular area. It states that wellness issues are addressed...
- High-flying 'staple'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p64
Relates the popularity of chicken menus at cafeterias of healthcare facilities. Chicken recipes considered as strong sellers; Advantage of using airline chicken breast according to executive chef Mark Dyball; Description of the preparation of chicken caesar salad served at Trident Health System...
- Guttersen: Make healthful fare flavorful. Kramer, Louise // Nation's Restaurant News;5/29/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p16
The article presents an interview with registered dietician and author Connie Guttersen about health and the restaurant industry in the United States. She discusses healthful foods that chefs should put on menus. Guttersen also comments on some of the health mistakes in restaurants and how...
- Master Chef Helps School Develop Healthy Menu. // Food Management;Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p11
This article focuses on the healthy menu in school. Not many people get to eat dishes designed by a certified master chef, especially one who is a regular on the Iron Chef circuit of serious culinarians. Yet, there was Mario Reyes, corporate executive chef for Nestle USA and a certified master...
- From the Editor. Tannehill, Carol // Home Cooking;Dec2007 Supplement, Vol. 35, p3
The article introduces a series of articles related to cooking that were discussed within this issue, including menus for different celebrations.
- Enticing Entrï¿½es. // Food Management;May2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p18
Presents several recipes of classic menu dishes.
- DISH OF THE WEEK. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/22/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p26
Features the Avocado Vichyssoise menu. Cooking techniques of executive chef Michael Reidt; Use of white onion and garlic in olive oil; Observation of blender and folds in avocados and lime juice.