Inter Pacific's `smart' POS
- Keyboards keeping pace with in-store POS revolution. Rafferty, Kevin // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Apr95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, pM95
Focuses on the use of open systems in point-of-sale systems in the United States. Benefits from open systems; Combination of pieces and parts from a variety of vendors; Integration and testing; Third parties; Keyboard developments; Better driver's licenses; Smart card reader keyboards.
- In-store automation advances. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct94, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p60
Focuses on how electronic point-of-sale (POS) systems can influence customers, cashiers and management. Recognition of customers; Issuance of receipts to customers; Information on store merchandise; Access to item information; Modification of POS systems; Use of in-store automation technology;...
- The Point-of-Sale Revolution. HYNUM, RICK // PMQ Pizza Magazine;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the innovations in point-of-sale (POS) systems and the moneymaking potential of POS as reported in the article "The Power of POS," by Tracy Morin.
- POS goes multimedia: Retailers test new applications. Fox, Bruce // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Feb95, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p43
Reports on the new applications of the point-of-sale systems in the United States. Multimedia capabilities; Brand-name importance; Greater design flexibility; Ability to take advantage of the lower costs; Facilitation of access to information of store managers.
- Grossman's takes fresh approach to portable POS terminals. Fox, Bruce // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Apr95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p83
Reports on Grossman's graphical user interface-based point-of-sale terminals. Introduction of hand held registers; Difficulty in calculating specific return-on-investment; Decrease in the prices of full-size POS terminals; Use of Portable Tele-transaction Computers.
- Get connected. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;2/1/97, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p121
Highlights the benefits of using point-of-sale systems in restaurants. Elimination of wasted energy and time; Accessibility of servers to customers; Feeding of information in display screen to the hub of menu engineering and control efforts; Communication of orders through remote printers in...
- The right POS system for today's retail chains. Cosby, David // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct93, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p128
Discusses electronic point-of-sale systems for retailers. Component systems; Need for solution-based software; Suggestions in selection; Problems with vendors; Reduction in costs.
- The POS touchscreen interface: Does it have a future? Fox, Bruce // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jun95, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p33
Forecasts the potential uses of touchscreen point-of-sale (POS) systems in retail stores. Vendors offering various POS systems in the market; Advantages offered by colored illustrations from Touch Plus' POS terminal; Remarks on retail store applications.
- POS systems ease the burden of managing a retail operation. Walker, Dave // Northern Ontario Business;Sep93, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p26
Describes computerized point-of-sale (POS) systems. Replacement of cash register; Price range; Software programs; Use of a professional's service; Provision of technical support; Business Vision program; Single entry of information at the point of sale; Misconceptions on computerizing a point...