USDA sees less beef
- MOVING UP THE LADDER: DARK-MEAT POULTRY. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the growth of demand for dark meat-poultry in the U.S. as of June 2002. Reason of restaurateurs for offering dark meat; Content of dark meat; Culinary importance of such meat.
- A season of ups and downs. Langman, Brent // National Provisioner;Aug2002, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p12
Examines the effects of global uncertainty on domestic meat-protein industry in the U.S. Factors affecting the business operation of the industry; Characteristics of the business climate in the region; Challenges faced by the meat industry; Influence of disruption of exports and resolving...
- The bear among us. Petrak, Lynn // National Provisioner;Aug2002, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the influence of trends of general economy on the volatility of meat-protein market in the U.S. Challenges faced by meat industry; Characteristics of existing meat market; Impact of meat exports conflicts on business operations of protein industry.
- Pioneers and Opportunists. Young, Barbara; Langman, Brent // National Provisioner;Feb2002, Vol. 216 Issue 2, p12
Presents the top ten meat, poultry and prepared food products in the U.S. as of February 2002. Ingredients of 'Fish N' Easy' from Profish Ltd.; Quality of 'Pork Chop on a Stick' manufactured by Iowa Quality Meats; Manufacturer of 'Sausages by Amy.'
- Briefs. DiLorenzo, Jim // National Provisioner;Apr95, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p13
Reports on developments in the meat, poultry and seafood processing industry in the United States as of April 1995. Includes news on the Food and Drug Administration's approval of the use of three parts per million chlorine dioxide to control microorganisms in poultry process water; Reduction of...
- New products. // National Provisioner;Sep98, Vol. 212 Issue 9, p48
Presents products from the meat, poultry and processed food industry in the United States, compiled as of September 1998. Ball Park Singles from Hygrade Foods of Detroit, Michigan; Smiley's All Star Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich from Smiley's Foods of Temple, Texas; Flounder Entrees from Herb's...
- 4th Dip This Year: Monthly Index Down. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p81
Reports the comparison in prices of commodities between the year 1998 and 1999 in the United States. Financial data from the FoodService Director Market Basket Index of wholesale prices; Year-to-date wholesale price index for all meats; Statistical information on the poultry index; Price index...
- Surf and turf. Bellamy, Gail // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep96, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p82
Presents ideas on menu items that pair meats or poultry with seafood. Includes pasta accents; Casual combination meals; Sauces that pull together the flavor of surf and turf combinations.
- Industry weather report. Young, Barbara // National Provisioner;Aug2002, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p6
Analyzes the condition of the meat industry in the U.S. Factors affecting the meat economies; Criticisms on safety of meat products due to Escherichia coli contamination; Characteristics of E. coli; Plan of ConAgra Beef to launch an advertising campaign in Nebraska and Colorado.