New IRS reforms protect foodservice operators
- Tax tips: Clinton agrees to go easy on taxes on foodservice employees' tips. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/17/98, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p23
Editorial. Discloses the food service industry's elation over United States President Bill Clinton's enactment of a comprehensive overhaul of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Strained relationship between the IRS and food service operators following Congress' 1987 decision to make all tips...
- EMPLOYMENT TAX REFORM: IRS eases some payroll tax rules. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the move of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to ease some of its rules on payroll tax for independent foodservice operators and other small businesses. Tax deposits under the revised rule; Benefits of the changes to small companies.
- Wanna play taxman? Romeo, Peter; Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;10/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 20, p21
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is suggesting alliance within the restaurant industry in the United States for better tax compliance. Call on the industry to work with the federal agency and other trades in developing alternative ways of boosting tax compliance;...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.
- IRS proposed use of third-party information draws criticism. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the IRS' proposal to change its system of records under the Privacy Act of 1974.
- IRS makes fact-of-filing program permanent. // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p11
Announces the US Internal Revenue Service's plan to make its fact-of-filing program permanent. Importance of the program to professional firms.