Operating margins decline
- Merger takes big bite. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;10/20/97, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p23
States that Marriott International's and Sodexho Alliance's businesses in food service plan to link to create a hospital outsourcing firm. When the deal is expected to close; What the new company will be called; Expectations for the company's annual sales.
- Sodexho laundry ready for 80 million pounds. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jul2002, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the opening of the Metro Park Laundry plant of Sodexho Alliance in Stockton, California on May 29, 2002. Capacity of Metro Park Laundry; Sodexho officials present during the opening ceremony; Services offered by Sodexho.
- Sodexho counts cost of French war stance. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/24/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4269, p12
Reports on the failure of catering company Sodexho Alliance to win supply contracts to the U.S. and Great Britain military forces in the Gulf because of France's opposition to the 2003 Iraqi war. Speculations surrounding the contract of the company with the U.S. Marine Corps; Decline of the...
- Performance in UK pulls Sodexho down. Shrimpton, David // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/21/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4249, p14
Reports on the performance of the British subsidiary of Sodexho Alliance as of August 31, 2002. Impact of the performance of the subsidiary on the operating profits of Sodexho; Factors that affected the performance of the subsidiary; Actions taken by the company to improve its revenue.
- Sodexho Alliance lifts turnover by 10%. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/18/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4218, p4
Reports on the financial statement of Sodexho Alliance for the six months from August 31, 2001. Amount of its sales; Increase in revenues in its food and management services; Employee lay-offs and cutbacks in its catering services.
- Sodexho Marriott Alliance creates $4 bil. `grand slam.' // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Reports that Marriott International and Sodexho Alliance announced an agreement to combine Marriott's foodservice and facilities management business with Sodexho's North American operations. Terms of the agreement; Listing of the highlights of the agreement, announced October 1, 1997; Comments...
- Sodexho taps U.S. chief Landel as co-prexy, COO. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/23/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the Michel Landel's appointment as co-president of Sodexho Alliance SA, a food service management provider, replacing Albert George.
- Sodexho Drops Its "h". // Food Management;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that the Sodexho Alliance SA has changed its corporate name to Sodexo as part of a new brand identity in the U.S. According to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Sodexo Michel Landel, the brand evolution is a major step which is designed to make the brand of the firm a...
- Sodexho U.S. Up 8.7% in 1Q. // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the growth of the North American operations of Sodexho Alliance in the first fiscal quarter in 2007, ended November 30, 2006. The continued dynamism of the healthcare, senior care and education segments accounted for the company's favorable performance. There was also a...