Shands Hospital tackles unsched. tray deliveries
- Best Servery Concept. // Food Management;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p34
Highlights the servery concept of the Coffee Central Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Project team; Environment; Goal; Features; Why they won the category of best servery concept during the 1998 Best Onsite Concept award of the periodical `Food Management.'
- New 'Basement' Cafe Boosts Sales at Boston Hospital. // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p11
Features the cafe at the Children's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Variety of food products; Location; Retail food service program; Interior decoration.
- Putting the wraps on surrendering revenue. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the wrap program for food service launched at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. Incorporation of popular menu trends in the program; Goals in developing the program; Revenues generated by the program.
- Building take-home: MA hospital launches Boston Market-style menus. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on Boston, Massachusetts-based Brigham & Women's Hospital's launching of its own Boston Market-style menus for dinner. Changing menus for the evening meal; Goal of attracting both employees and hospital visitors to the take-home options; Success of gourmet meals program.
- For breakfast: Switch to cart saves on labor. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p18
Reveals that the Kingston, New York-based Benedictine Hospital switched to a breakfast cart for patients. Savings from its total labor budget; Breakfast buffet table wheeled-in-daily at the maternity floor; Cafeteria changes.
- To Improve Patient SVC: Hosp. introduces 12-hr. f/s shifts. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p5
Announces that Saint Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee has created a new post and moved to 12-hour shifts to enhance patient food services. Duties of a hospitality assistant; Comments from director of food and nutrition services David Edwards; Benefits of combining all positions.
- OVERLAPPING SVCS. ELIMINATED: Shands Hospital retail now 100% in black. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the profitability of retail foodservice at Shands Hospital, University of Florida in Gainesville. Cost management; Effectiveness of opening a foodcourt; Allocation of expenses.
- Patients eat up new oral menu program. // AHA News;10/16/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p6
Provides information on the computerized palm top device that enables patients to key in individual menu orders at the Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois.
- FROM HOSP. GUESTS, STAFF: ROOM SERVICE NETS $40K. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
Reports that Waukesha Memorial Hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has increased annual revenues since room service was extended to hospital visitors and staff in 2002. Average cost of meals in the hospital; Availability of the room service.
- RECOUPS $1K PER MONTH: Flagstaff Hospital improves meal service, satisfaction. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the improvement of food service at Flagstaff Medical Center in Arizona. Benefits of the nutrition assistants hired by the medical center; Background on food service-related complaints received from patients; Details on the responsibilities of the nutrition assistants.