Ag bill gets a boost from ASFSA
- ASFSA PRESSES SCHOOLS ON ALLERGIES: School fdsvc. tasked with food allergy prevention. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the guidelines developed by the American School Food Services Association for preventing food allergy from school meals. Reason for developing the guidelines; How to take responsibility for preventing allergic reactions to school meals; Advice for students with allergies.
- ONLY 19% MEETING GUIDELINES: ASFSA warns of 'nutrition gap'. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p22
Deals with the warning issued by the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) on the nutrition gap among school children. Results of the 2001 School Nutrition Dietary Assessment; Aim of ASFSA on the gap between nutrition menu offerings in schools and student's consumption.
- Foundation Receives Grant for New Project. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p24
Reports that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) affiliate, School Food Service Foundation has received a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture to implement the School Cafeterias as Community Kitchens Project. Objectives of the program; Comments of ASFSA...
- ASFSA selects 3 school districts for Community Kitchen Project. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/04/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p20
Presents information on the community kitchen initiative of the American School Food Service Association. Selection of the pilot schools for their involvement in the community; Emphasis of the program on nutritious foods.
- MICROBIAL TESTING RULES BACKFIRE: Schools brace for shortage of ground beef, other meat. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p22
Announces that school cafeterias across the United States can expect a shortage of ground beef from the Department of Agriculture's Commodity Distribution Program, at least for the beginning of school year 2000-2001. Cause of the shortage; Action taken by the American School Food Service...
- At ASFSA Conference in Denver: Managing Commodities, a La Carte. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the issues addressed at the 1999 American School Food Service Association conference in Denver, Colorado. Effect of commodity usage on food service; Ways by which children are encouraged to take breakfast; How labor is retained.
- Promote National School Lunch Week. // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p64
Reports the publication of a handbook for foodservice directors on planning activities for the National School Lunch Week by the American School Food Service Association in the United States. Purpose of developing the book; Coverage of the book; Access to the Website pertaining to the activity.
- ASFSA prexy asks industry to help improve child nutrition. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/14/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p22
Focuses on the request made by American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) president Marilyn Hurt for school food service business members to participate in efforts to improve school children's nutrition in the country. Importance for members to forge partnerships to promote school...
- The new deal. // Food Management;Apr99, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on issues on school food service presented by students from the Hillsborough County School District in Florida at the 1999 conference of the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) in Tampa, Florida. Importance of appearance and presentation of the food; Emphasis on offering...