U. of MD opens The Dairy
- Ye Olde Dairy. // FoodService Director;1/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p12
The article features the Dairy ice cream parlor at the University of Maryland in College Park. The ice cream manufacture process and the bakery needs of the campus are supervised by head baker and pastry chef Jeff Russo. He mentions that he creates new flavors a couple of times a month. Among...
- Maryland turf gets new digs. // Landscape Management;May2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the dedication of the Paint Branch Turfgrass Research Facility of the University of Maryland on July 12, 2000. Description of the design of the facility; Amenities of the facility; Cost of the project.
- An Authentic Cafe. O'Toole, Patrick L . // Qualified Remodeler;Sep2007, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p35
The article offers information about the structural design of Halo Pub, an ice cream parlor and cafe owned by Jerry Reilly in New Jersey. It is stated that the Kaisier Building Co. is the official contractor of the project. The theme and furnishings installed in the cafe was discussed within the...
- iN ROME WITH A FENDI. Hume, Marion // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2010, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p174
The article discusses travel suggestions from fashion designer Ilaria Venturini Fendi for tourists in Rome, Italy. She recommends having morning coffee at Sant'Eustachio Il CaffÃ¨ or at La Casa del CaffÃ¨ Tazza D'Oro. She suggests a visit to ice cream shops such as Giolitti and San Crispino...
- Havana's Parque Coppelia: Public Space Traditions in Socialist Cuba. Curtis, James R. // Places: Forum of Design for the Public Realm;Spring93, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p62
The article focuses on the park and ice cream parlor, Coppelia in Havana, Cuba. It informs that the local outlet of the state-run ice cream chain, Coppelia, is the most popular gathering place in the city. The park features lush groundcover, a canopy of towering banyon trees and intricately...
- An entrepreneur ices key franchise deal at Midway. Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;10/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p13
Profiles Doris 'Dee' Robinson as ice cream parlor entrepreneur in Midway Port in Chicago, Illinois. Deal of franchise in Ben and Jerry's Homemade Inc.; Variation of Unity Square venture; Impact of airport security to her business; Expansion of Ben and Jerry to other sites; Commentary of the...
- A Steady Pace Toward Sustainability. Glaser, Vicki // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Jun2010, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p160
The article deals with the sustainable design of the University of Maryland in College Park. Susan Corry, manager of Energy Projects & Conservation at the university, notes the effect of the sustainable upgrades on the teaching and research capabilities of the university. It notes the...
- University of Maryland. Mathias, J. Kevin // SportsTurf;Nov2014, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p33
The article reports that the University of Maryland will use the 4,000 U.S. dollars award it won at the 2014 Sports Turf Management Association (STMA) Challenge for the enhancement of student instruction for the lab component of a course titled "Surveying and GPS Applications in Agriculture."
- Here's the scoop. // Louisville Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the 68th anniversary of the Emery Ice Cream Co. at New Albany in Louisville, Kentucky. JoAnn Flynn as owner of the ice cream parlor; Selection of flavors; Price per scoop.