Fortis Ins. builds wellness
- Amlin to buy Fortis Co Insurance for US$500 mln. // Asia Insurance Review;Jul2009, p32
The article reports on the plan of Amlin Plc to buy Fortis Co. Insurance NV for 35 million euros in its largest acquisition to expand in Europe. The purchase of the Fortis unit will lift Amlin's earnings in 2009. According to insurers, it will raise about 80 million pounds selling 23.5 million...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Mar2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p2
The article offers global news briefs related to the financial services industry. RSA Insurance Group PLC is preparing to acquire Al Ahlia Insurance Co. for 31 million British pounds from ONIC. Fortis Insurance Ltd. has successfully launched its Fleet Guard product to its brokers. American...
- Fortis offering crash compensation. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p99
Reports on the offer of Fortis Insurance Ltd. to compensate for injuries suffered by victims of the rail crash in Great Heck, England. Details on the accident; Discussion of insurance arrangements; Comments from company executives.
- Fortis: super deal with supermarket Teseo. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p131
In this article the author discusses the agreement between Fortis Insurance Ltd. and supermarket Tesco on the home and motor insurance services in Great Britain. The author emphasized that the deal was not yet ratified. However, the grocery store would take control on the pricing development of...
- Fortis Health Sees Demand For Short-Term Insurance. // Best's Review;Jun2001, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p96
Reports that Fortis Insurance Co. is predicting an increased demand for short-term health insurance in the United States. Justification for the industry trend predicted by the company; Factors attributing to the predicted rise in short-term health insurance demand in the country; Rise in...
- Fortis: super deal with supermarket Teseo. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Aug2009, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on Fortis Insurance Ltd.'s deal with Tesco PLC. It says that although the deal has not yet been ratified, Fortis is set to take on one of the biggest and most successful affinity contracts in the market when it becomes Tesco Personal Finance's (TPF) insurer. It adds that the...
- Onsite foodservice still a key employee beenfit, SFM study shows. C.W. // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p16
Presents information on a study entitled `The Importance of Onsite Foodservice: An Assessment of Corporate Management Perceptions,' which was conducted by the Society for Foodservice Management on the benefits of onsite foodservice to employees. Reference to corporate management opinions about...
- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/22/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4611, p7
The article offers information on developments related to then food service industry in Great Britain, which include the low profit earned by sustainable water firm Belu and the move of chef Nuno Mendes to divulge details of his plan to launch his restaurant Viajante.
- VIEWPOINT: HERE TO STAY. Pond, James // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p26
Comments on the value of food service in the corporate culture. Effects of the recession on the industry; Opinion on executives in the importance of food service; Performance of the non-commercial foodservice market.