Georgia surveys 17,000 about f/s
- National institute is customer oriented and `user friendly.' McAteer, Michael // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Dec92, Vol. 22 Issue 1/2, p10
Focuses on the National Food Service Management Institute (NFSMI) which began operations at the University of Mississippi in 1990. Executive director Josephine Martin; Response to a need for training; Design to be customer oriented; Serving providers and children; Major areas of NFSMI; Contact...
- Educational video series can help schools combat child obesity. Boss, Donna M. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/28/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p16
The article discusses Cooks for Kids, a program launched by the National Food Service Management Institute (MFSMI) at the University of Mississippi in Oxford. Cooks for Kids is a 30 minute episode released monthly that covers best practices in schools, restaurants, and homes to help children...
- Pentagon maps out strategy for dining-hall revamp. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;03/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the revamp of the US Department of Defense headquarters' foodservice section. Budget allotted for the renovation; Updating of foodservice outlets; Remodeling of the main dining room; Design planned for the dining room's menu; Other changes planned for the foodservice section.
- Restaurant Inspection Scores. // Fort Worth Business Press;2/14/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p42
Deals with the inspection scores received by several restaurants from the Fort Worth Public Health Department in Texas in 2005. Acapulco Restaurant; Amigos Food Mart #3; Burger King; Domino's Pizza; El Potosino.
- WITH BRANDING, TAKE-OUT APPROACH: Pentagon to update dining. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the selection of the Navy Exchange Service Command by the United States Department of Defense Concessions Committee to oversee food and vending services in the Pentagon and the Navy Annex. Terms of the agreement.
- Nearly half of Mexico's children suffer from lead poisoning. // La Prensa San Diego;1/2/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- STATE OF TENNESSEE: Cook-chill center registers per-meal food cost redux. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the cost reduction efforts of Sodexho Marriott Services at its cook-chill center, which provides food to government agencies in the state of Tennessee. Reduction of the company's workforce; Government agencies served by the center; Foods served by Sodexho.
- NEW OPERATORS REPORTING FOR DUTY: Fast-food, take-out top Pentagon's f/s priorities. Pond, James // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p118
Focuses on the food service operated by the United States Department of Defense Concessions Committee at the Pentagon. Features of the food facilities; Overview of restaurant brands offered; Operational responsibilities of vending machines in the Pentagon.
- Chapter 8: Compliance and Enforcement. // FDA Food Code 2005;2005, p189
The article offers information on the food code 1-102.10, enforced by regulatory authorities in the U.S. to ensure unadulterated and safe food. Topics discussed include assessment of food service equipment and sanitation facilities by authorities before enforcing the code, imposement of...