Compass links with MBE
- in brief. // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p22
The article offers news briefs related to food service in the U.S. Thompson Hospitality Inc. announced its acquisition of Austin Grill Co., a Tex-Mex commercial restaurant chain. The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association accepted the 2007 Silver Plate Awards nomination. Compass...
- Compass/Thompson in venture. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p22
Presents an interview with Thompson Hospitality Inc. President Warren Thompson on the company's agreement with Compass Group PLC to establish a limited liability company (LLC). Terms of the partnership arrangement; Goals of the companies.
- THI, a new franchise co. // Black Enterprise;Oct92, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p17
Describes the purchase of 40 of Marriot's Bob's Big Boy restaurants by Warren M. Thompson's newly created Thompson Hospitality Inc. (THI) and Shoney's Inc. Thompson's resignation from post at Marriott; Covenant with Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) to promote minority business...
- Compass Group USA unveils Chartwells. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/31/97, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p84
Discloses Compass Group USA's launch of Chartwells, the `brand' name for its college and university accounts around the world. Adoption by the United States of Chartwells outside Great Britain; Replacement of identity of Canteen and PFM; Appointment of Carl Marsalis to head the Chartwells division.
- Contractors to focus on margin-growth. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on Compass Group PLC's decision to focus on margin growth in all of its geographic divisions. Comments from Compass Group CEO Francis Mackay; Results of a study on the catering business in Great Britain.
- BY IMPLEMENTING ZELUS PROGRAM: Compass 'purchases' savings. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the implementation of the Zelus purchasing program at Compass Group as of December 2002. Mechanics of the program; Number of dining services that use Zelus.
- Top-level changes at Compass, NA. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the appointment of executives at the North American Division of Compass Group PLC. Names of appointees; Changes in the firm's organizational structure.
- Where is Compass Group heading? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p77
Features contract foodservice company, Compass Group USA. Start of the firm in May 1994; Use of acquisitions to solidify position in the industry; Success of attempt to `brand' operating divisions with separate identities.
- Technology. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;03/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p107
Explains how Compass Group USA upgraded its technology to meet its needs in the 21st century. Automation of functions within individual accounts; Review of business practices; Replacement for the central office system.