P.A. to stop security coordination with Israel over official's death
- Israeli, Palestinian Officials Dispute Autopsy on Dead PA Official. // Israel Faxx;12/8/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 241W, p10
The article reports on the conflicting accounts issued by the Israeli and Palestinian officials over the results of an autopsy on a Palestinian Authority official Ziad Abu Ein who died after being involved in clashes during the protest held in Turmus Ayya, Palestine on December 10, 2014.
- Netanyahu reaches out to Palestinians, calls for calm following official's death. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/10/2014, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu assured the Palestinian Authority that Israel will investigate the death of a Palestinian official and called for calm.
- Is Israel responsible for Palestinian minister's death? Sales, Ben // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/11/2014, p1
Here's what we know: Israel Defense Forces soldiers grabbed Palestinian Authority minister Ziad Abu Ein during a scuffle at a West Bank protest and tear-gassed him. He died en route to treatment at a Ramallah hospital.
- Hamas-Fatah fighting on hold while Israel strikes. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/25/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that the tension between rival Palestinian factions Hamas and Fatah remains high despite signs that Israeli air strikes on militant targets in Gaza had led to a decline in fighting between them. According to Fatah official Ziad Abu Ein, the Israeli attacks will only postpone...
- Palestinian minister dies after assault by Israeli soldier. // Arab American News;12/13/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1505, p17
The article reports on the death of Palestinian Minister Ziad Abu Ein after he was scuffled by an Israeli border police officer near Ramallah.
- Turkey's FM condemns Israel's aggressive attitude. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;12/15/2014, p1
The article discusses Turkish foreign minister Mevlut Cavusoglu's condemnation of Israel over the death of a senior Palestinian official, Zaid Abu Ein, in a protest gathering at West Bank, Palestine.
- Military takes up self-defence. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/25/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p7
The article reports that due to the ongoing protests in the Middle East the region's millitary has taken up the task of self-defence.
- ANTI-METRICS. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;8/31/1981, Vol. 57 Issue 28, p82
The article reflects on governmental metrification in the United States. He cites the General Accounting Office's move to publish a report which was damaging to prometric arguments such as the benefits conversion. He claims that Pentagon began full scale metric conversion in the armed forces...
- LIBYAN SPECIAL FORCES EXPEL ANSAR ALSHARI'A FROM BENGHAZI. McGregor, Andrew // Terrorism Monitor;12/3/2013, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p3
The article reports on the force detachment of terrorist group Ansar al-Shari'a in Benghazi, Libya on November 15, 2013. It states that the group's access to Benghazi was prevented by a roadblock set up at Wadi Ahmar by the newly created Barqa defense force. They left the city after the Misrata...