California Road Downgrade Slows Trading Traffic to a Crawl
- PRHTA's Bond Ratings Lowered. Serrano, Mariella Pérez // Caribbean Business;9/15/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p4
Reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has lowered its ratings for the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority's (PRHTA) highway revenue bond and transportation revenue bond. Removal of PRHTA from CreditWatch Inc. with negative implications; Comments of analysts on the issue of...
- St. Louis' Airport Revenue Bonds Get Some Good News From S&P. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31780, p3
Reports that the Standard & Poor's Corp. had removed from negative CreditWatch its BB-plus underlying rating on Saint Louis' general airport revenue bonds for Lambert-Saint Louis International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Degree of control of the airport over the financial implications of its...
- Coming Soon: Another Default Wave. Husband, Sarah // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/11/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 32, p10
Focuses on the performance of high-yield companies in bond market as of June 01, 2003 in the U.S. Rating given by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to high-yield companies; Percentage increase in the share of high yield issuance in 2002; Decline in speculative default rate since August 2000.
- Crazy for Junk. Polyak, Ilana // Financial Planning;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p53
The article focuses on the Julius Baer Global High Income Fund and issues concerning high-yield bonds. Greg Hopper, manager of the Julius Baer Global High Income Fund, points out that over the past five years through July 31, 2008, the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index returned 7.01% annualized....
- Weekly Yields Fall This Week as Oil Prices Remain High, Data Softens. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p6
The article reports on the fall of Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes in the face of softer economic data, light supply and still-high oil prices. Weaker economic data that provided support for the bond market this week included the August consumer price index, which rose 0.1%, below the 0.2%...
- With S&P AAA, San Antonio Readies $179M. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/1/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33013, p4
The article reports that San Antonio will issue $179 million of notes and bonds representing the city's last deal in 2008 in Texas. It is said that the city is one of several large issues coming from Texas issuers, including Dallas Independent School District. It is also said that the city will...
- CareGroup Positive. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p33
Reports on the revision of the outlook of Standard & Poor's Corp. to the bond of CareGroup Inc. in the U.S. Role of the success of the company in the move of the rating agency to revise the rating; Observation of the agency of the evolution of the company's operating philosophy.
- Golden Valley Bans. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p39
Reports on the bond rating assigned to Golden Valley Unified School District's bond anticipation notes by Standard & Poor's Rating Services in California. Amount involved in the bond deal; Use of the proceeds from the transaction; Upgrade made to the district's general obligation bonds.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Sewer Debt Level Rises. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p9
The article reports on the rating AA graded by the Standard & Poor's Corp. on the Western Carolina Regional Sewer Authority's outstanding revenue bonds in the U.S. Previously, the bond's rating was AA-minus. Standard & Poor's analyst Linda Yip explains that the upgrade is due to the authority's...