N.Y. MTA Picks Finance VP, OKs Reformed Budget Process
- IIASA gets renewed support from US. // Outlook on Science Policy;Mar2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p31
Presents an article on the renewed support for the work of the international institute for applied systems analysis (IIASA) based in Austria. Appointment of representative at the IIASA governing council by the US agencies; Replacement of IIASA by the American Academy in 1983.
- NEWS. // Utility Week;5/6/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p5
Presents updates on public utilities in Great Britain as of May 6, 2005. Increase in the delivery of energy saving measures by energy suppliers; Rejection of accusations by the Northern Ireland government regarding its senior manager recruitment for its water agency; Findings of a survey...
- Top jobs. Hobson, Steve // Utility Week;5/6/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p12
Comments on the recruitment of senior managers in the water agency GoCo in Northern Ireland. Lead of the recruitment cost in mass media; Similarity of executive recruitment in the sector with its private sector counterpart.
- The origins and formation of the Traffic Commissioners. Hey, Kevin // Journal of Transport History;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p85
Recounts the origins and formation of the Traffic Commissioners as a means of administering the licensing of bus services in London, England. Events leading to the establishment of the Royal Commission on Transport in 1928; Political factors influencing the decision to set up a system of...
- State DOTs mount campaign for stronger SIB legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30439, p4
Focuses on the campaign launched by twelve transportation departments in the United States to pressure Congress to expand the state infrastructure bank (SIB) program. Allowance of 50 states to launch SIBs; Potential legislative vehicle for a SIB provision.
- Superagency for County Will Be Reconsidered. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
Focuses on the reconsideration of proposals on superagency for San Diego County in California. Impact on the transportation and land-use superagency; Proof of an organizational chart on the jurisdictions in the county; Perspective of state Senator Steve Peave over the proposal.
- Virginia Senate OKs Northern Virginia Transportation Authority. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31072, p41
Reports on the Virginia Senate's passage of a legislation to create the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority. Power of the authority to issue bonds subject to General Assembly approval; Funneling of tax money to the authority.
- The wheels of Hercules. Scully, Gary // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/20/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6229, p19
Reports on Australia's establishment of a National Transport Secretariat to chart the reform of the national transport system. Initial projects assigned to the secretariat; Challenges facing the secretariat in performing its functions.
- Catherine Ross, Georgia Regional Transportation Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p61
Reports the approval of the transportation improvement plan supported by the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority (GRTA). Efforts of director Catherine Ross; Direction of the projects funded with bond proceeds from the GRTA; Supervision of transportation projects.