Muni Yields Fall 2 to 3 Basis Points; $650M of New York City GOs Priced
- Paralyzed CMBS Market Wiggles a Toe. Hudgins, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Mar2008, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that the $1.2 billion commercial mortgage-backed securities (CBMS) offering by Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. and Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. on February 13 2008 had been highly publicized in the U.S. bond market. The offering surprised how bond buyers are demanding higher yields for...
- Morgan Stanley Wins Top Ranking For Trading by Insurance Companies. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;07/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30934, p7
Focuses on First Call Corp.'s list of top firms for municipal bond market trading by insurance companies during the first quarter of 2000 in the United States. Total dollar amount of bonds traded for the first quarter owned by state-regulated insurance companies; Emergence of Morgan Stanley...
- Munis Steady; California GOs Price. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/11/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32855, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market bond on April 10, 2008 in the U.S. The yield of the ten-year treasury note closes at 3.52 percent as well as two-year note at 1.81 percent. Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. priced the tax-exempt and taxable general obligations (GOs) of...
- Muni Prices End Little Changed. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31427, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in New York City as of July 2002. Status of the municipal bond prices; Increase of retail sales; Initiation of the retail order period for the New York City obligation bonds by Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Muni Yields Rise on Falling Treasuries; Morgan Stanley Prices N.Y.C GO Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p2
Municipal bond yields rose one to four basis points on May 29, 2003 following the decline of Treasuries, while in the new-issue market, Morgan Stanley & Co. opened the first day of an expected two-day retail order period for 650 million dollar of New York City general obligation bonds. Jonathan...
- CMBS roundup: Ramping up October business. C.C. // Asset Securitization Report;10/29/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p17
Reports the development on premarketing deals due to the addition of two top-tier names in the United States. Enumerations on deals in the CMBS sector at work; Status of the CMBS sector; Effect of the third quarter delinquency rates for pooled CMBS transactions.
- Fixed Income Is Bear's Pride, Morgan's Blemish. Agosta, Veronica; Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;6/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 118, p24
Reports on the financial performance of Bear Stearns Cos. Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. during the quarter that ended 31 May, 2002. Impact of the performance of the companies' fixed-income divisions; Increase in revenues; Merchant banking gains achieved; Noncompensation expenses.
- SEC Probes Bear Stearns In Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Bear Stearns & Co.'s Chicago, Illinois public finance office. Municipal bond market offering of the company.
- THE JOBLESS RECOVERY. Dobbs, Lou // Money;Apr2004, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p45
The economy of the U.S. grew by more than 3% in 2003, and third-quarter growth was the highest in nearly two decades. So why isn't this economy creating jobs? John Ryding, chief market economist at Bear Stearns, is bullish on the economy. Ryding expects that we will see an average of roughly...