First Southwest's Mississippi Office Open for Business
- First Southwest credits 'tunnel vision' for keeping it stable during lawsuit. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30532, p1
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s stability despite the ongoing legal feud between two of its partners. Opponents' attempt to use the lawsuit as a way to steer deals away from First Southwest; Firm's dominance in the Texas financial advisory business; Factors critical to rebuilding First...
- First Southwest Co. Opens New Office in New York City. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p6
Reports that First Southwest Co. has opened a new office in New York City. Location of the new facility; Public finance bankers assigned to the new office; Background of the company.
- First Southwest Seeks a Presence in L.A. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p32
Reports that financial advisory and underwriting firm First Southwest Co. is expanding to the West Coast with the opening of a Los Angeles, California office. Hiring of J. Steven Rhodes to head the West Coast office; Banking and financial advisory services to be offered in the Los Angeles office.
- First Southwest Co. Looks Back on 60 Years of History. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p6
The article reports on the 60th anniversary celebration of First Southwest Co. in Dallas. Texas. The firm is not only a major player in the financial advisory and insurance businesses but also provides innovative tools to its customers. It has twenty-two offices in eleven states and ranks...
- First Southwest to Join Southwest Securities Under Hilltop Name. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;10/22/2015, p14
The article reports that financial advisor First Southwest Co. will merge with broker-dealer firm Southwest Securities under the name Hilltop Securities by January 2016.
- First Southwest Launching New England Trading Desk. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32606, p6
The article reports on the establishment of the new sales and trading facility of First Southwest Co. in New England. The said trading facility has been regarded as the first regional trading venture outside Texas. Mary Fiske, the former vice president of the institutional sales for Eastern...
- FOCUS ON: UNIFIED MANAGED ACCOUNTS. // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2010, Vol. 18 Issue 12, pA14
The article presents the views of Scott Egner of Managed Account Solutions and TD Ameritade International , and Caroline Austin of First Southwest Co. and FSW Advisory Services on the current trends in Unified Managed Accounts (UMAs). Scott Egner believes that UMAs allow financial advisors to...
- PlainsCapital to Buy First Southwest Co. Williamson, Richard; Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;11/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33002, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of First Southwest Co. by PlainsCapital Corp. in Dallas, Texas. It is stated that the acquisition will add $500 million to $700 million to the $3.4 billion of assets of PlainsCapital. The acquisition will keep the name of First Southwest as a broker-dealer...
- Dallas-Based First Southwest Completes Arimax Financial Advisors Acquisition. Walker, Susanne; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p36
Reports on First Southwest Co.'s acquisition of Arimax Financial Advisors Inc. of New York City. Perceived benefit of the acquisition to the two firms, according to Hill Feinberg, First Southwest chairman and CEO; Naming of Steve J. Kantor, former president of Arimax, as senior vice president a...