After Months of Back and Forth, Bush Signs $350 Billion Tax Cut
- Uncertainty Lies Ahead. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p1
Reports on the uncertainty of the tax regulation due to possible domination of presidential election in the U.S. Concern of the municipal bond community to ease restrictions on tax-exempt bonds; Impact of the presidential election in 2004 on the tax policy of the country; Passage of tax...
- Texas Senator Plans to Seek $50 Billion for Rail Service. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p48
U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison is crafting legislation that would authorize the issuance of $50 billion of either tax-exempt bonds, which would be exempted from Texas private-activity volume cap or taxable tax-credit bonds in order to finance improvements and additions to the nation's...
- Energy, Tax Bill Awaits House Vote. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31185, p1
Reports on the United States House's plan to consider an energy-related tax bill that would allow tax-exempt bonds to be sold for prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection given to the tax-exempt status of bonds sold by state and locally owned electric utilities; House leaders' plan to merge...
- Congress Considers Volume Cap, Housing Tax Credit. Ferris, Craig T.; Kinnander, Ola; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30139, p40
Reports on the United States House and Senate's plan to approve proposals to increase the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit as part of a session-ending spending and tax package. Proposed creation of more empowerment zones and the extension of existing zones...
- House Bill Likely Won't Contain Senate's Bond-Friendly Provisions. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p5
Reports that the U.S. House of Representatives is unlikely to pass favorable tax-exempt bond provisions approved by the U.S. Senate. Conference between the House and the Senate after the House approves its version of the bill; Restriction of tax-advantaged leasing transaction called sale-in,...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p36
Presents charts depicting market statistics as of September 2003 in the U.S. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S security prices; Municipal bond prices.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p29
Presents data on municipal bonds in the United States as of March 2, 1999. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Futures markets; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- MUNICIPAL RANKINGS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/08/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p52
Ranks municipal bond issues in the United States based on principal amount in the year 2000. Book runners; Comparison with 1999 figures; All tax-exempt municipal bond issues; Municipal tax-exempt negotiated bond issues; Municipal tax-exempt competitive bond issues; Tax-exempt revenue bond...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p29
Presents charts and graphs depicting results of securities trading in the United States, on July 26, 1999. Includes short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal bond prices.