Durable Goods Orders Slip 2.4% in April
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p2
Presents news briefs related to financial market in the United States, compiled as of April 25, 2003. Increase in the number of applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in the orders for durable goods; Nomination of U.S. Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan to serve an...
- BBVA Watch. // Caribbean Business;4/30/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p13
The article presents updates related to the developments in the economic and financial sectors in Puerto Rico in March 2009. It states that the country's new automobiles' sales went down by 24.2% when measured on a year-to-year basis. According to the article, new orders of manufacturing durable...
- State bond rating. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;02/17/97, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the effects of reducing the state budget and reducing the backlog of unpaid health care bills in Illinois. Upgrade of Illinois' credit rating by Moody's Investors Service Incorporated.
- Disappointing rating. Bayer, Alexei // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p21
Reports on South Africa's sovereign rating of BB from the European finance agency IBCA. Rating in Standard & Poor's (S&P) and Moody's; Reason behind increase in domestic interest rates.
- Standard & Poor's assigns A rating to state public works board. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/09/98, Issue 322379, p13
Reports that Standard & Poor's has assigned its single A ratings to California State Public Works Board's lease revenue refunding bonds issued for California. Relevance of the designation; Possibility of an upgrade if the state continues to demonstrate consistent and improved financial position.
- Illinois and Colorado Are Bringing the Biggest Deals. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;1/9/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33644, p7
The article forecasts the performance of Colorado and Illinois state bonds in January 2012, which according to Frederick Yosca of BNY Mellon Capital Management have a healthy demand.
- Moody's joins S&P, Fitch IBCA in upgrade of Massachusetts debt. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;04/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30382, p3
Reports on the upgrade of Massachusetts's state bonds. Causes of the bond upgrade; Includes high levels of wealth and sustained economic growth; Comments from investment analysts.
- Rank Order Analysis of State General Obligation Bond Ratings. Uyar, Bülent; Escarraz, Donald R. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Summer95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p91
This study extends research which suggests the possibility that different economic variables might have been emphasized by Moody's in establishing state bond ratings. The objectives and the scope of the earlier study preclude formal testing, and the Scheffe test is not the proper statistical...
- Not All Euro PIKs Are Created Equal. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the condition of the structure of payment-in-kind (PIK) notes deals in Europe. Factors affecting the quality of PIK issues in the region; Comment of Roger Coyle, a senior director at Fitch Ratings Inc., regarding the PIK issues; Circumstances to consider to maximize the relative value...