Foes of Texas' School-Financing System Get New Court Date
- The Oakland, Calif., school district recently avoided a threatened state takeover after outlining its intention to cut $1.2 million from this year's operating budget. // Education Week;2/12/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that the school district in Oakland, California has avoided a threatened state takeover after it responded satisfactorily to the state's budget reduction plan. The district will cut 1.2 million dollars of its operating budget in 1992.
- Helena Recovery Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p27
Reports that the Helena-West Helena School District in Arkansas has submitted a financial recovery plan to the state Board of Education. Financial condition of the district; Factors influencing the decrease in the district's state funding and local tax revenue; Possibility of misappropriation of...
- Lake Travis Boom Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p27
Reports on the commencement of the early voting for a multimillion-dollar bond package put forward by the Lake Travis Independent School District in Texas. Significance of the debt referendum for the construction and expansion of schools; Increase in the enrollment in the district; Outlook on...
- Eight Phoenix-Area School Districts Set to Sell $83 Million of COPs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p32
Reports on the plan of several school districts in Phoenix to sell certificates of participation under the School District Tax Anticipation Note Program of Arizona. Function of the program; Purpose of the issue; List of districts participating in the program.
- Houston ISD Brings Delayed $279.8M Limited-Tax Refunding to Market. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;3/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32578, p6
The article announces the sale of $279.8 million limited-tax refunding bonds of Houston Independent School District on March 1, 2007 in Dallas, Texas. The deal was scheduled in early December 2007 but was pushed back because the market was not where it needed for the district to achieve the...
- KANSAS: Olathe Schools Set $68M Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32914, p8
The article reports that Johnson County Unified School District has set an election for the approval of a $68 million general obligation bond package on November 4, 2008 that is set to support the expansion of four high schools in Olathe, Arkansas. The school expansion project will allow the...
- Fixing schools. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/6/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p12A
The article comments on the Long Island Index released by the Rauch Foundation. It is suggested to pool commercial taxes for the 125 districts of Long Island, New York and equal opportunities to be given to all the students. It is stated that many middle-class school districts survive because of...
- Horry Schools' List. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Reports on the approval of the Horry County School District for the implementation of projects that will be funded with proceeds from a $240 million bond package approved by voters in Horry County, South Carolina.
- NEW YORK: Syracuse Seeks Underwriters. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32566, p31
The article reports that Syracuse and the Syracuse School District, acting through the Joint Schools Construction Board (JSCB), are accepting applicants for underwriters in New York. The joint effort invites submission of qualifications to provide underwriting services for phase one of a school...