Bond Volume Takes Major Hit in May
- Soapbox: Fixing China's yield curve. Schulte, Paul // FinanceAsia;Sep2014, p1
The article reports that municipal bonds, asset-management companies and securitisation are key to the future of China's economy. Topics discussed include the bonds, asset management companies and securitization intended to convert short-term loans into long-term securities which are tradable...
- Cracking Mexican wrap culture. Ossa, Felipe // Asset Securitization Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
The author offers his insights regarding investment options preferred by Mexican investors. According to the author, Mexican investors would like to put their wealth in government securities rather than in any domestic triple-A corporate or asset-backed securities. The author believes that...
- Wednesday's Data. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34348, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 98 7/32 to yield 2.33, up 5/3230-year: 99 5/32 to yield 3.04, up 25/32 Municipal BondIndex 123 1/32, up 14/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 07/23) Total: $11.420 billion, up $547.1 millionCompetitive: $4.108 billion, up $2.247 billionNegotiated:...
- Conn. offers quasi-muni debt RRB. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the marketing of stranded cost securitization to municipal bond buyers by the state of Connecticut. use of proceeds from the bonds to fill a projected budgeted deficit; Strategy of the state to achieve tax-exempt status; Implementation of non-recourse charge on ratepayers.
- Municipal Bonds End Day Firm As Treasuries Swing With Stocks. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31525, p2
Reports on the position of municipal bonds, treasuries and stocks in financial markets in the U.S. on December 3, 2002. Companies which issued new bonds in primary markets; Bonds purchased by financial services company J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.; Revenue bonds insured by the U.S.-based Lehman...
- Treasuries tumble, munis slip slightly as stock market has a strong day. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p1
Reports that municipal bonds and Treasuries dropped points at the close of trading on January 16, 1998 while stock prices increased in the United States. Trading activity in the secondary market; Progress made by traders in follow through business; Outflows reported for tax-exempt money market...
- Munis Sag When Stocks Recover. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p1
Reports on the performance of government securities and municipal bonds during trading in the United States on Friday September 11, 1998. Recovery of stocks; Comparison to Treasuries; Crossover buyers' decision not to commit capital; Narrowing of spread between a 30-year bond and a two-year note.
- MONTHLY ROUNDUP. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/17/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 20, p31
Presents a table indicating underwriting activity by security type in the United States in April 2004. Mortgage-backed; Asset-backed; Convertible; Taxable municipal bonds; Common stock; Closed-end funds; Non-fund initial public offerings; Preferred stock; Straight preferred stock;...
- 20 N.Y. Counties May Issue Bonds. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p2
Announces that almost a third of New York's 62 counties are preparing to band together to sell tobacco settlement-backed bonds.