Audit of Florida Pooled Issues Finds Usage, Records Problems
- IRS Ends Audit of 1999 Nassau County, N.Y., Tobacco Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/6/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31380, p5
Reports the conclusion on the audit of the tobacco securitization bond issue by the Internal Revenue Service in Nassau County, New York. Absence of imposing penalty; Queries on the use of bond proceeds; Solution to the budget deficit.
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- DFW's Big Triple Play. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p1
The Dallas, Texas-based Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Board will make the first of three upcoming forays into the municipal market when it sells $750 million of bonds in the week following April 22, 2003. The fixed-rate deal, which will be pre-priced on April 29 and sell the following...
- N.Y.'s $2.3B Tobacco Deal Coming Next Week. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that New York will sell $2.3 billion in tobacco bonds the beginning of the week of June 9, 2003, half of the $4.2 billion in tobacco debt the Legislature authorized to help finance the state's $92.8 billion budget. Under legislation passed by the state, the state...
- Growing Gwinnett County, Ga., Readies $75 Million Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p40
This article reports that investors looking to pick up some gilt-edged general obligation bonds from a Georgia issuer might look to a $75 million deal being sold competitively on June 4, 2003 by Gwinnett County. The county has about $904 million of debt outstanding, mostly in revenue bonds sold...
- Battery Park: One Deal On, One Delayed. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p1
Reports that New York's Battery Park City Authority has planned to proceed with plan to refinance $817 million in outstanding debt combining with $90 million in money bonds for infrastructure improvement before the end of September, 2003. Amount proposed for another bond deal kept on hold for...
- Kansas Department of Transportation Plans $361 Million Refunding Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports on the Kansas Department of Transportation's plans to issue $361.7 million of revenue refunding bonds in November 2003 as part of a debt restructuring. Structure of the deal; Underwriters of the deal.
- Interest Savings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the impact of structure of District of Columbia's sale of insured general obligation bonds on city government debt service over the life of bonds. Type of bonds sold by the district; Cost saving features of bonds.