Calculating the Total Costs of Offshore Outsourcing
- Outsourcing Demands Close Look. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;04/16/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 16, p50
Discusses the positive effects of the continuing outsourcing trend on the part of original equipment manufacturers on the world surface-mount technology (SMT) inspection equipment markets. Financial statistics on world SMT inspection equipment market; Subsegments of the market; Drawbacks to the...
- Challenges in 2005. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p12
This article focuses on the challenges in 2005 before the surface mount technology industry. The transition to lead-free board production will pose the greatest challenge to the industry in 2005. Beyond lead-free, most industry leaders express a vague economic uncertainty as well. After the...
- Controlling the Future. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p12
Delves into the issue of outsourcing jobs in other countries and the surface mount technology business in general. Percentage of all electronics manufacturing activities that take place in developing nations; Identification of companies that have formed partnerships to expand their businesses;...
- Industry NEWS. Norvell, Robin // Circuits Assembly;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
Offers news briefs related to surface mount and electronics assembly industry in the U.S. as of June 2003. Details on mobile phone design platforms developed by Elcoteq Inc., an electronics manufacturing services company; Nature of automated dispensing equipment and automated systems produced...
- The Random Nature of SMT. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the impact of the downturn in the electronics industry on surface mount technology in the U.S. Delay in the deployment of many technologies; Movement of basic assembly in China; Lowered profit margin; Overcapacity.
- SMT step by step STEP 10: Rework & Repair. McCall, Patrick // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Nov2003, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p50
Provides a step-by-step procedure for reworking standard surface mount components. Removal of old package; Site preparation; Placement; Flux/paste application; Heat application; Inspection.
- Surface mount technology: Breaking through the VME64x 5-slot backplane limit. Singer, Glen; Buchanan, Betsy // ECN: Electronic Component News;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p41
Discusses innovations in surface mount technology in the United States. Reduction in the number of boards; User of the VME64 architecture; Limitations in the use of the architecture; Mounting of terminators in identical locations.
- Resettable fuses keep up with demand for surface mount technology. Reed // ECN: Electronic Component News;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p98
Analyzes the impact of surface mount technology (SMT) on the electronics industry as of August 1999. Meeting the consumers' demand for reduction of sizes of electronic devices; Factors affecting the growth of SMT applications for electronics; Decrease in sizes of printed circuit boards.
- 2014-2015 Event Schedule. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p51
A calendar of events related to surface mount technology (SMT) industry across the world in 2014-15 is presented including Long Island Expo and Tech Forum, Connecticut Expo and Tech Forum and Huntsville Expo & Tech Forum.