The Road Ahead for Board Assembly
- Outsourced manufacture and design remodels supply chain. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;8/17/2005, Issue 2206, p10
This article reports that the global electronics supply chain is undergoing a fundamental transformation due to OEMs' continued outsourcing to electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers and original design manufacturers (ODMs). Many OEMs now are taking back control of the purchasing of...
- Brace yourself for monumental lead-times. Field, Nigel // Electronics Weekly;2/18/2004, Issue 2134, p18
Component supply will be one of the first symptoms of any major recovery in 2004 and all manufacturers should brace themselves for both price and lead-times fluctuations that could range from mild to monumental. Although fab outputs have dropped significantly â€” an excess of inventory left...
- Counterfeit components are threat to UK industry. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;2/27/2008, Issue 2324, p4
The article focuses on the threat to Great Britain's electronics industry from counterfeit components. Electronics industry body Intellect mentions that, current customs and import controls are failing to tackle the rising number of counterfeit components, often from China and Eastern Europe,...
- READ ALL ABOUT I.T. Bradley, Kevin // Harpers Wine & Spirit;Nov2013, Issue 111, p52
In this article, the author presents business strategies as suggested by representatives, regarding demand of products and better sales process by customers on danger of losing the whole order.
- A SURVIVOR'S GUIDE TO INTEGRATED DEMAND AND SUPPLY. Reary, Bob // Journal of Business Forecasting Methods & Systems;Summer2002, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the integration of supply and demand planning. Supply chain management; Ownership of demand and supply; Balance of short- and long-term plans.
- Semiconductor industry can expect 'long, dark season' for OEMs, Gartner reports. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;11/3/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 44, p1
The article cites a report which reveals the impact of original manufacturing equipment's (OME's) decision to reduce its production of electronic equipment to the semiconductors industry in the U.S. It mentions that several OEMs declared not to increase production for the holiday season due to...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;8/20/2008, Issue 2349, p2
The article reports on the depletion of semiconductor production demand at the Applied Materials Inc., the global supplier of semiconductor production equipment. It notes that the orders for its semiconductor production equipment has reduced by 57% due to its awkward relationship with...
- Industry News. // Electronics Protection;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p30
This section offers news briefs related to the electronics protection industry as of July 2013. It notes the SpecTECH educational program offers 16 (PDHs) to engineers. A DCD Intelligence report states that demand for co-located data center facilities in the Latin American region appears to...
- SEIZE THE Opportunity. Ibrahim, Samy // American Gas;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p26
Focuses on the strategic business expansion plan of the natural gas utility operators in the U.S. Analysis of the supply and distribution facilities; Integration of customers into the distribution system; Establishment of rapport with local governments and planning boards.