- U.S. Electronic Polymer Market to Reach$4.5 Billion in 2008. // Advanced Packaging;Jun2004, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p9
Cites the result of a study pertaining to the demand for electronic polymer products. Primary competitive focus for electronic polymers used in printed circuit board laminates and packaging; Trend towards area array packaging; Emergence of conductive adhesives as a replacement of lead solders;...
- Many Technologies Contribute To Miniaturization. Pinkerton, Gary // Electronic Design;12/23/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 27, p36
Reports the problems encountered in the design and manufacturing process of electronic miniaturization. Use of adhesives in surface-mounted devices; Effects of chip technology development on miniaturization; Challenges in thermal management.
- STEP 5: Adhesives, Epoxies and Dispensing. Bowin, Jeff; Toleno, Brian F.; Poole, Neil // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p48
Provides tips on dispensing adhesives and epoxies in surface mount component assembly. Application of adhesives at high speed; Dispense techniques and machines; Considerations in the selection of the appropriate dot diameter.
- new products. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p53
Presents several products and equipment related to surface mount technology. Specifications of the MicroStage 46 linear stage from Thomson Industries Inc.; Advantages of using the EPO-TEK T6117 thermally conductive epoxy adhesive from Epoxy Technology Inc.; Features of the proWriter flexible...
- STEP 5: Adhesives/Epoxies & Dispensing. Toleno, Brian // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p42
The article focuses on technologies use in dispensing surface mount adhesives (SMAs) and underfills for electronics production. It discusses the factors that should be considered in choosing dispensing equipment for various electronic applications, and looks at the developments in the underfill...
- Making the Choice. Curran, Kevin // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p47
Presents sourcing and selection considerations for printed circuit board (PCB) level assembly adhesives. Surface-mount adhesive used in both wave and reflow soldering processes; Electrically conductive adhesive provides mechanical bond and electrical interconnection; Thermally conductive...
- Interface Stress-Induced Degradation of the Performance of Electrically Conductive Adhesives. Czarnecki, J.; Silberzahn, W.; Ortner, J. // Journal of Failure Analysis & Prevention;Jun2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p248
Electrically conductive adhesives are of increasing importance as a powerful alternative to eutectic bonding. In the use of electrically conductive adhesives in soldering applications, a lack of conductivity of the adhesive bond between surface mounted devices (SMD) and the printed circuit board...
- Stencil Performance is on the Surface. DERVAES, ROBERT // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;May2013, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses the importance of the board in stencil print performance. The aspect ratio and the surface area ratio are reportedly valid determinations of potential stencil performance and can help in reducing some printing problems. In addition, the article states that the size of the...
- Miniaturization Little by Little. Klaver, Eric // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2013, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p50
The push for smaller and smaller components seems to be a never-ending process. How can manufacturers deal with such devices?