Bringing it All Together at UIC's Grand Opening at Shekou, China
- Back to School: Universal Pact Brings SMT to Chinese Students. // Circuits Assembly;Oct2006, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
This article reports on the partnership between Universal Instruments and Tsinghua University for educational and training initiatives aimed at increasing the level of surface mount technology (SMT) reengineering and research skills in Beijing, China. Through the help of Universal, Tsinghua will...
- APPLAUSE: UNIVERSAL INSTRUMENTS AWARDED FROST & SULLIVAN ACCOLADE FOR TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that Universal Instruments Corp. will be the recipient of the 2005 Frost & Sullivan Technology Award. The award has been granted in recognization of the company's pioneering technical advances in the Surface Mount Technology placement equipment market. The award confirms the...
- Rotary Placement Head. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p54
The article features the lightning rotary placement head that enables all platform lines for medium- to high-volume surface mount technology assembly applications from Universal Instruments Corp. The placement head includes 30 independently controlled spindles with touchdown sense, auto-Z update...
- Universal Forms Partnerships. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p22
Reports on strategic partnerships formed by Universal Instruments Corp. Development and manufacture agreement of subassembly parts with JUKI Corp.; Contract to provide surface mount technology placement capabilities for WC Heraeus GmbH & Co. KG.
- new products. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p57
Introduces products used in soldering. BGA Rework station from FocalSpot; High-speed placement platform from Universal Instruments Corp.; Microbeam 3205 UV laser machine from Siemens Dematic AG; Aqueous cleaning systems from Stoelting.
- UIC Enters Partnership Agreement. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p26
Reports that Universal Instruments Corp. (UIC) and CyberOptics Corp. entered an agreement for integration of CyberOptics' embedded process verification inspection technology into the latest UIC system. Offer of the EPV sensor system as a feature on UIC's Genesis and AdVantis platform placement...
- 2006 Industry Vision Forecast. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Dec2005, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p14
The article focuses on the 2006 industry forecast for surface mount technology companies. ZESTRON America will complete its new global headquarters in Manassas, Virginia, which include an application technology center. WKK Technology is expected to experience continued growth since their...
- SMT flowline. // Electronic News;9/6/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1979, p12
Presents a photograph of the ValuLine surface mount assembly package. DEK 249 screen printer; Philips CSM84 compact surface mounter; Conceptronic forced convection reflow oven; Introductory price; Description of the surface mounter from Philips Industrial Automation.
- Contract manufacturing, new components drive surface mount market. // Control Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p55
Focuses on the continued growth of the surface mount technology market despite a slowdown in capital equipment spending, according to a report by Frost & Sullivan. Projected sales growth from 1997 to 2004; Fastest growing geographic regions.