- The Random Nature of SMT. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the impact of the downturn in the electronics industry on surface mount technology in the U.S. Delay in the deployment of many technologies; Movement of basic assembly in China; Lowered profit margin; Overcapacity.
- Resettable fuses keep up with demand for surface mount technology. Reed // ECN: Electronic Component News;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p98
Analyzes the impact of surface mount technology (SMT) on the electronics industry as of August 1999. Meeting the consumers' demand for reduction of sizes of electronic devices; Factors affecting the growth of SMT applications for electronics; Decrease in sizes of printed circuit boards.
- 3EVENTS. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p78
A calendar of events related to surface mount technology (SMT) industry in the U.S. in 2014 is presented including World Energy Engineering Congress, Austin CTEA Expo & Tech Forum and Long Island SMTA Expo and Technical Forum.
- Briefs. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p32
Reports development related to surface mount technology industry as of July 2003. Launch of a stencil design and manufacturing capability from DEK Inc. to its logistic hub in Tennesse; Reputations received by Asymtec Inc. from the Factory Mutual Research Rating for their Century; Selection for...
- SMT Power Inductors. Goldberg, Lee H. // Power Electronics Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the development of surface mount technology (SMT) inductors and magnetics. Improvement in the materials, design and manufacturing practices used in the SMT inductors; Effects of developments in the electronics industry; Development of transformers and inductors; Commercial and...
- Lead-free Solder to Bring Back Vapor Phase Soldering? Kenyon, William G. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the consideration of the impact of vapor phase soldering on lead-free solder adoption. Replacement of heated air in convection ovens during the days of eutectic tin/lead solder over vapor phase; Introduction of a series of vapor phase soldering fluids in the study; Legislation issued...
- SMT in China. Rowland, Robert // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p16
Presents the author's observations of the surface mount technology (SMT) manufacturing operations in China. Level of maturity and capability in the Chinese factories; Size of the factories; Contemporary buildings and equipment; Skills and knowledge of staff.
- Getting Ready to Rework Lead-free. LaFleur, Ray // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p20
Discusses basic rework system design for a lead-free rework. Capabilities and/or limitations of a rework system to achieve repeated satisfactory repair results; Size flexibility of a package; Development processes to be integrated into a software package; System hardware design considerations.
- The Best and Brightest. Bubello, John // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the ï¿½SMTï¿½ magazine's presentation of the 2003 VISION Awards in a ceremony at IPC-Association Connecting Electronics Industries' co-located APEX and IPC Printed Circuits Expo trade show in Anaheim, California. Total number of entries from the electronics assembly industry;...