Final Tax Plan Has Money for States, not Localities
- S&P: Possible Bid to Stop Taxing Dividends Would Impact Munis. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p5
Reports on the possibility of a competition in tax-exempt municipal bond market for investor dollars following the enactment of legislation to eliminate taxation of dividends in the U.S. Benefits to corporations from the legislation; Impact of the legislation on state budgets; Expected...
- High-dividend equity products edging in on munis. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31825, p6
Reports on the growth of high-dividend equity investment products in the U.S. Competition between municipal bonds and high-dividend equity products; Reduction in federal tax rate on stock dividends; Launch of hybrid products that invest in both stocks and municipal bonds.
- Dividend Proposal Could Spur Better Muni Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p5
Reports that the U.S. government's dividend tax elimination proposal should push municipal issuers to improve their disclosure practices as it would lead to municipal bonds competing with stocks in the market. Centrepiece of the government's economic stimulus package; Views of several...
- Better Dividend Plans? Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p1
U.S. municipal bond market would face less of a threat from proposals to exclude dividends from income taxes than under President George Bush's proposal to fully exempt certain dividends from taxation, according to tax experts. Their comments came after the House Ways and Means chairman Bill...
- Tax Reform Tensions. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;1/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32042, p1
The article reports on the prospective changes in the tax reforms of the municipal bond market in the US that has created tensions and concerns among municipal bond community. The proposed change in tax reforms is being developed amid concern over reports that president George W. Bush could...
- Utilities Erupt Over Proposed Dividend, Bond Changes. HOLLY, CHRIS // Energy Daily;2/15/2012, Issue 32, p2
The article reports on criticisms made by investor-owned utilities against a revenue-raising proposal in the fiscal 2013 budget of U.S. President Barack Obama. In this proposal, qualified dividends would be taxed as ordinary income for upper-income taxpayers. Another proposal in the budget is to...
- The Impact of the 2003 Tax Act. Feely, Pam // Advisor Today;Sep2003, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Effect of the tax treatment of dividends and capital gains created by the act on the investment choices made by financial advisors and their clients; Change in the selection of...
- Portfolios Enjoy Highest Inflows in Almost 10 Years. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31470, p31
Reports developments related to municipal bond funds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Reduction in the Municipal Market Data benchmark yield; Total net inflows; Average dividend paid to investors.
- More Bad News From Heartland. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p1
Reports on the decrease in dividends paid by the Heartland High-Yield Municipal Bond Fund for the year 2000. Rate of the decrease according to observers; Calculation of the extent of the decrease.