NEWS IN BRIEF
- Standard & Poor's Rates Texas Treasury Pool Ahead of $425M Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p3
Reports the assignment of Standard & Poor of its triple-Af credit quality and S1 volatility ratings to the State of Texas Treasury Pool. Amount of the commercial paper issued by the Texas Public Finance Authority; Rating of Carole Keeton Rylander; Reflection of triple Af and S1 rating. INSET:...
- S&P upgrades D.C. to BB, citing improved finances. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p4
Reports that Standards & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investor Service have raised their general obligation rating for the District of Columbia. Application of the ratings to the district's planned sale of $150 million in new money general obligation bonds and an undetermined amount of refunding...
- Oregon's $2 Billion Pension Deal Draws Foreign Interest. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p7
Reports on the sale of the pension obligation bonds of Oregon. Rate of the taxable municipal bonds; Increase of credit quality; Amount of the general obligation pledge.
- M&T Adds Several Ex-Ferris Baker Muni Professionals to Baltimore Office. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;8/12/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32938, p6
The article reports that the M&T Bank Corp. has hired 15 municipal bond specialists from the former broker-dealer and investment banking firm Ferris Baker Watts Inc. Out of 15 hired, 14 will be based in Baltimore, with the final one working out of North Carolina. Moreover, the municipal bond...
- Ras al-Khaimah seeks rating. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/9/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p35
The article reports on the credit rating received by Ras al-Kaimah, United Arab Emirates from ratings agency Fitch. The move is in anticipation of launching an Islamic bond, following the lead of both Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Currently, the Ras al-Khaimah Investment Authority (Rakia) is on an...
- News In Brief: Westminster, Colo., Revs Raised by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p2
Reports that rating agency Fitch Inc. has upgraded its rating for the outstanding debt of Westminister in Colorado from AA-minus to AA. Measure to be implemented by the state to dispose off the debts; Factors that led Fitch to upgrade its rating.
- Florida Loan Council Goes to Market for North Miami Beach. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p31
Reports the marketing of revenue bonds by the Florida Municipal Loan Council. Credit ratings of the bonds; Construction of wells for the drinking water supply; Generation of savings through the economies of scale.
- Lay Off the One-Time Revenues, Raters Warn Rhode Island. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p3
The article reports on the impact of Rhode Island's continued use of one-time revenues on its credit rating. The state's purpose of use of such revenues particularly the proceeds of tobacco bond sales, is to plug budget shortfalls. Additional stress or failure to achieve spending restraint goals...
- Raters: St. Louis' Credit Is Looking Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p1
The article reports that the credit rating of the city of Saint Louis in Illinois is improving. Standard and Poor's upgraded its underlying general obligation credit from A-minus to A. While both Moodys Investors Service and Fitch Ratings gave the city a positive outlook. Analysts credited the...