Beware of Medicare "Spies"
- We Are the Good Guys. Wilson, Tyler // HomeCare Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p70
The author commends the effort and contributions of the home medical equipment industry in stamping out Medicare fraud and abuse in the U.S. He denounces the notion established by some policymakers that the industry is rife with fraud and abuse. Moreover, he stresses on the essentiality of...
- Getting Rid of Fraud. Bachenheimer, Cara C. // HomeCare Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p72
The reflects on the fraud issues associated with Medicare in the U.S. and offers suggestions in confronting the issue. She emphasizes on the need for the industry to publicly and sincerely declare its commitment to work with the government in eliminating fraud and abuse. Moreover, she stresses...
- MIP on the radar: the new drive to end Medicaid fraud. Fusto, John // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2008, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p76
The article focuses on Medicaid Integrity Program (MIP) launched by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). It informs that the program is aimed to prevent Medicaid fraud and abuse and it will come into effect from end of 2008 or early 2009. It mentions that CMS is contracting...
- Senators eye bill on Medicare doc payments. McCarthy, Mark // Medical Device Daily;3/4/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p9
The article reports on the proposal by Senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and Chuck Grassley of Iowa to make public data on payments to doctors under Medicare.
- Recently Announced Interagency Medicare Fraud Initiative Expands Ongoing Enforcement Activity. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q2, Special section p1
The article focuses on the Health Care Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Action Team (HEAT) launched in the U.S. by the Departments of Justice (DOJ) and Health and Human Services (HHS) to prevent Medicare frauds. The HEAT initiative is funded by the 2009 Omnibus Appropriations Act and 311...
- Fraud D�j� Boo-Boo. Walker, Gail // HomeCare Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p4
The author reflects on the government's legal action towards Medicare fraud in U.S. An overview is presented regarding the Medicare Fraud Strike Force under the coalition of the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) guarding against Medicare frauds in...
- President proposes $48 million effort to increase Medicare fraud busting. Cys, Jane // AHA News;01/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the plan of United States President Bill Clinton to renew efforts to fight Medicare fraud. What the proposal requires; Amount collected by the government in 1999 as a result of health care fraud prosecutions; Number of fraud cases that have been filed in 1999 from 1998.
- Avoiding the legal pitfalls of DRG window regulations. Gustafson, Bobette M. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p96
No abstract available.
- HHS expands Operation Restore Trust. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the expansion of Operation Restore Trust (ORT), the government's Medicare and Medicaid antifraud and abuse initiative. States in the United States that will be reached by the ORT investigations as part of its expansion; Target provider groups of ORT; Information about ORT when it was...