Float Tube fly rods and fun
- Trim Tabs for Small Boats. Sargeant, Frank // Outdoor Life;Summer2003, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p138
Discusses the benefits of trim tabs for bass and walleye fishing boats. Manufacturers of small boat tabs in the U.S.; Price range of trim tabs. INSET: LENCO TROLLIN' TABS.
- Anatomy of a Convertible. Caputi, Gary // MotorBoating;Apr2008, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p68
The article describes the features of a great convertible fish boat. True convertibles are larger sport-fishing boats by definition, since extended range and live-aboard accommodations are at the heart of their existence. Most fall between 45 and 85 feet in length, are powered by twin diesels...
- Tiller Vs. Console. BEATTIE, BEN // Ontario Out of Doors;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p62
The article compares tiller-style boats with consoles. It is noted that a wide range of sizes are available for tiller-style boats. It is mentioned that the primary advantage of a tiller boat is deck space. It is stated that protection from important fishing elements is offered by the console...
- The art of floats. Gibbs, Jerry // Outdoor Life;Nov94, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p45
Focuses on the proper uses of floats in fishing. Description of fishing floats; Methods of use; Models; Float techniques; Fishing rod selection; Casting; Stret-pegging. INSET: Stormy weather, by Technique to combat wind while fishing..
- Float-tubing basics. Elliott, Brook // Fishing World;Mar1994, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p36
Opinion. Discusses the increasing awareness of the float tube in the fishing environment. Background information on tubes; Advantages of open front boats.
- BobBobBobbing Along. Dewsbury, Jeff // Boys' Life;Nov2002, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p16
Provides guidelines for making fishing bobbers. INSET: Make Your Own.
- Choosing the ultimate trolling motor. Ellis, Gord // Ontario Out of Doors;2007 Fishing Annual, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p64
The article offers advice on how to choose the best fishing motor for one's fishing machine. One should know that a standard electric trolling motor uses battery power to turn a propeller or to pull a boat to a direction. Some of these are bow mounted, foot controlled and hand operated. However,...
- Motors. HOFFMAN, JUSTIN // Ontario Out of Doors;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p64
The article evaluates several fishing boats including Evinrude's E-TEC Pontoon Series of outboards, LEHR 2.5-and 5.0-hp propane boat engines and Suzuki DF60AV boat.
- ALL SPORT. // MotorBoating;Feb2006, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p40
The article features several aquatic sports equipment and supplies. Whanganui cases guarantees that materials will be kept dry while for canoeing and kayaking. The RF30 SmartCast from Hummingbird is a sensor to get a real-time view of the bottom, structure and lurking fish.