The Performance of Low-Income, African American Children on the Preschool Language Scale--3
- Hebrew language assessment measure for preschool children: A comparison between typically developing children and children with specific language impairment. Katzenberger, Irit; Meilijson, Sara // Language Testing;Jan2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p19
The Katzenberger Hebrew Language Assessment for Preschool Children (henceforth: the KHLA) is the first comprehensive, standardized language assessment tool developed in Hebrew specifically for older preschoolers (4;0â€“5;11 years). The KHLA is a norm-referenced, Hebrew specific assessment,...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Graham Leader;2/20/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 54, p5
A calendar of events to be held in Graham, Texas for the year 2013 is presented which includes a black history exhibit, a meeting of the Graham art guild and a story-telling and crafts event for preschool children.
- The Diagnostic Accuracy and Construct Validity of the Structured Photographic Expressive Language Test–Preschool: Second Edition. Greenslade, Kathryn J.; Plante, Elena; Vance, Rebecca // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Apr2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p150
Purpose: In order to support evidence-based practice, this study served to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy, convergent validity, and divergent validity of the Structured Photographic Expressive Language Test--Preschool: Second Edition (SPELT-P2; J. Dawson, J. A. Eyer, J. Fonkalsrud, 2005) in...
- The parent version of the preschool social skills rating scale: An analysis of its use with... Manz; Fantuzzo, Patricia H. // School Psychology Review;1999, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p493
Abstract: This study examined the psychometric properties of the parent version of the preschool Social Skills Rating Scale (SSRS-P) for low-income, African-American children. Analyses were conducted to test the construct validity of the SSRS-P and to determine the relationship between this...
- Low-Income Preschoolers' Behavior with Anatomically Detailed Dolls. Dawson, Brenda; Geddie, Lane; Wagner, William // Journal of Family Violence;Dec1996, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p363
The present study examined nonabused children's responses to anatomically detailed (AD) dolls among diverse populations. Thirty six low-income, predominantly African-American preschoolers from a Head Start center participated in an AD interview. Interviews were videotaped and coded for the...
- Racial Differences in Abused Older African American Males, Caucasian Males, and their Abusers. Dimah, Agber; Dimah, Keren Patricia // Journal of African American Men;Winter2001, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p47
Presents a study that examined racial differences between mistreated and abused older African American and Caucasian men. Methodology of the study; Discussion on the results of the study.
- The 56 Most Intriguing Blacks Of 2001. // Ebony;Nov2001, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on Afro-Americans who became popular in year 2001.
- blackenterprise.com. // Black Enterprise;Oct2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p8
Deals with news available at virtual desktop for Afro-Americans as of October 2000. Poll position; Afro-American wealth initiative; Web columns.
- A time for vigilance and diligence. Graves, Earl G. // Black Enterprise;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p15
Offers observation on African Americans. Economy of the United States in 2000; Trials and triumphs of African Americans; Advice to Black-owned companies.