Business Tax Revenues Boost N.J. to a $250 Million Surplus
- Volume Climbs 51%, Led by a Spate of California Debt. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p30
Reports on the rise in volume of debts issued in the eastern part of U.S. Growth in issuing California's debt; Factors responsible for the rise in volume of debts; Rise in volume of debts issued by Montana.
- Gambling Lawsuit Could Delay West Virginia Agency's Bond Plans. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p3
Reports on the possibility of delay in a potential bond sale by West Virginia's Economic Development Grant Committee following the decision of a lawyer to refile a lawsuit challenging the source of debt service on bonds. Allegations raised by the lawyer in the lawsuit; Possible consequences of...
- INVESTMENT VIEW. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p26
Speculates on how the British government's budget statement slated for April 2003 release would affect the financial services industry. Funding alternatives being considered by the government; Justification of tax increases; Possible changes in the financial system.
- TONY WICKENDEN'S BUDGET TAX PLANNING ANALYSIS. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;4/10/2003, p5
Discusses the financial services-related proposals and changes in the budget system in Great Britain. Increase in the capital gains tax exemption; Maintenance of the tax-deferment qualities of the insurance-based investment; Establishment of the child trust funds; Retention of the life...
- Budget can boost investmentâ€”Trident. // Accountancy;Sep79, Vol. 90 Issue 1033, p34
Reports on the views of Trident Life Assurance on the effects of the budget in the investment industry in Great Britain. Opportunities provided by the budget; Impact on the place of bonds in investment planning; Existence of planning needs for high-rate taxpayers.
- 5th Division promotion. // Credit Management;Nov2002, p20
Reports that a provider of consumer and commercial debt collection services the Lewis Group has launched a division Lewis Debt Purchasing to focus exclusively on the credit services industry. Offer of a range of debt purchasing solutions to a variety of lenders; Factors that decided the launch...
- Humbled Argentina, PRI makes friends again. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p24
Reports on trends related to political risk insurance (PRI) in Argentina. Debt servicing; Liquidity products; Key provisions in a typical PRI policy; Effect of PRI policies in terms of creditworthiness; Subordinated notes from banks included in recent PRI transactions.
- Covenant-Lite Loans Hit Europe, But Will They Stick? Iyer, Savita // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/7/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the trend of the emergence of the covenant-lite loans in Europe. It is stated that several financial firms had launched the practice of such loans in the country. Charlotte Conlan, head of leveraged syndications at BNP Paribas in London, England, states that the country's...
- MBNA continues Sky Financial's legacy with dental loan deal. G. C. // Asset Securitization Report;6/20/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p5
Reports on MBNA Corp.'s announcement of a $370 million fixed-rate deal backed by equipment loans to dental practices through its subsidiary MBNA Practice Solutions Inc. Companies involved in the deal; Aggregate principal balance of the pool.