NLC Head: Economic Hardships Will Lead to Drop in Issuance
- Playing from Strength. Raines, Franklin D. // Brookings Review;Summer2000, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p16
Deals with the market power of cities in the United States (U.S.). Impact of the cities to the U.S. economy; Diversity and nature of the markets within the cities; Discussion on the classes of cities; Kinds of markets that influence the economic power of the cities; Role of the cities within a...
- Much to be proud of, much still to do. Myrland, John S. // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/21/97, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p6A
Opinion. Focuses on the James W. Rouse Forum on the American City held at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. where community groups, philanthropy and businessmen gathered to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing cities in the United States (US). US cities as the center of...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, July 16. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p2
Presents data concerning the United States economy and municipal bond market as of July 16, 2001. Major deals; Economic indicators; Government securities prices.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p39
Features data concerning the United States economic condition and bond market performance as of July 16, 2001. U.S. Securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market yields; New-issue balances; Futures markets.
- Munis Take Another Step Down; N.J. Refunds $300 Million of GOs. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decrease of the municipal bonds; Reduction of issuing a general obligation refunding bond; Volatility of the economy.
- Yield Indexes Drop in Spite of Promising Economic Outlook. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p31
Reports on the decline in bond revenues indexes despite better economic conditions and ease of tension between the U.S. and Iraq. Impact of possible war on stock prices; Percentage rise in bond buyer revenues; Percentage rise in municipal bond index.
- Big Numbers Not Seen Rattling Bond Markets. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p2
Reports on economists' views on the movement of the economy in the United States, in June 1999. Key economic indicators for the month; Effects to the bond market.
- Market snapshot. // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p2
Presents charts on bond market in the United States. Includes estimates for unemployment claims; Prices of government securities; Index for municipal bond.
- News In Brief: TBMA Sees Recovery In 2002's 2Q . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p2
Focuses on a report released by the Bond Market Association's economic panel regarding its prediction for the U.S. economy through the first and second quarter of 2002. Performance of the economy during the first half of 2002; Word of caution regarding factors that could affect the forecast,...